Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    Geeze dude are you are one of these people who want to categorize their music into sub genre's of sub genre's of genre's of sub genre's.

I catagorize a hardcore gamer as someone who spends an excessive amount of time/money on computer games. saying mmorpg players arent really gamers is gettin too technical for my liking. Society in gereral doesn't care...
    Much like the way you will find My Chemical Romance CDs in the Rock/Metal section of HMV when they're actually "emo" / "screamo" or whatever - thing is no-one really cares... And those who do need to get a life...
    To me someone who is gonna buy a ps3, an xbox360 and a wii is a hardcore gamer. Someone who owns a ps2, a gc, an x-box and a sh*t load of games for each console is also in my book - pretty hardcore. (unless you are a kid and your mum/mom bought you them. Then you are just a spoilt brat)
    People who spend 500$ on a new gpu twice a year are pretty hardcore. Categorization is made for convenience and to be less vague.. Telling someone that My Chemical Romance is "rock/metal" isn't going to give them the slightest idea of what the music is actually like.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    I'm sorry but playing gta some evenings does not compare to reaching level 600+ blah blah on everquest and WoW by playing 24/7... Pc gaming guys are geekier than console owners.
    Bullshit, I am on my pc loads and play tonnes of pc games, WoW, CSS, BF2142, BF2, BFSF plus many more (hl2, gmod ect.)

And I ain't a geek.

So stop making shit up.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Dude you sould take those comments a little tongue in cheek. I myself am level 28 Wow. and play hl2/counter strike. But if you think that playing WoW aint a geeky thing to do then we are clearly on different wave-lengths...

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent-Sniper
    Bullshit, I am on my pc loads and play tonnes of pc games, WoW, CSS, BF2142, BF2, BFSF plus many more (hl2, gmod ect.)

And I ain't a geek.

So stop making shit up.
    Ditto, if you knew me and my roomates IRL you would never guess that we ever do stuff on the PC, or that we use to play WoW religiously. PC gamers tend to be more closeted about there playing.

But if you think that playing WoW aint a geeky thing to do then we are clearly on different wave-lengths...
    Playing WoW in general isn't geeky, it's how you react to the game that can make it geeky. And like i said, you can't really lump MMORPG players in with PC gamers. Because there are tons and tons of MMORPG players who have never been into another pc game in there life. I could personally name off like 10 who were never into any type of gaming.

And my point being in all of these posts, if that it will all meld with PC gaming. Game consoles are more and more becoming melded with PC's and eventually PC processing will(pretty much already has, just not widely on the market) catch up with game consoles. PC gaming was and is the future of hardcore gaming.
    Last edited by vagrant; 11-29-2006 at 07:11 AM.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Geeze is this thread about is WoW geeky? Lol I think it is - but its just one mans opinion. None of the guys I play football with - or work with - or drink with - or even the musicians I know play WoW.
    Most play console games though and even pc fps some of them.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Piracy will kill the future of pc games. ID software gave up on the pc afte doom 3 did way better on consoles.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Geeze is this thread about is WoW geeky? Lol I think it is - but its just one mans opinion. None of the guys I play football with - or work with - or drink with - or even the musicians I know play WoW.
    Most play console games though and even pc fps some of them.
    Unfortunately for your argument, Scotland doesn't make up for too much of the gaming world.

Piracy will kill the future of pc games. ID software gave up on the pc afte doom 3 did way better on consoles.
    The Console Wars: Blu-ray Disc Announces Copy Protection | Xbox 360, Playstation 3 PS3, Revolution

Eventually PC games will be played on HD-DVD or Bluray, and they will be protected in the same way ps3 games are.
    Last edited by vagrant; 11-29-2006 at 07:21 AM.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    PC gaming will continue as its always done, or it will decline. Pcs are too technical for the majority of the population to accept. When I put a playstation game in a playstation console - I know its going to work. I'm not going to have to go into the options and tailor my settings to compromise between graphics/gameplay and fiddle with settings. Also playing with a controller developed for games - and not typing - makes a lot more sense don't you think? Also you only have to upgrade every 4-5 years instead of every year to play the latest pc game.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    When I put a playstation game in a playstation console - I know its going to work. I'm not going to have to go into the options and tailor my settings to compromise between graphics/gameplay and fiddle with settings.
    Exactly why PC Gamers are NERDS. They will complain that the Blu-Ray drive containing, Ps3 is $600 then turn around, go to CompUSA (or wherever nerds shop) and buy a $600 graphics card to stick into their $2000 PC that still doesn't have a next-generation disc drive. Makes complete sense... no seriously... it does.

Member #
    Friends
    6669-5605-4028-6511
    all the true hardcore games i know dont care about graphic

Ads