Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    LOL. This is nuts. I said one thing in my opening post someone disagreed with and we have nothing but flaming and arguments for the rest of the tread. brilliant!

Member #
    Friends
    Personally i'd rather lie on my nice comfy bed or armchair, with my big widescreen TV playing video games, although top end PC's produce far smoother and better graphics IMO, but i pretty much know nothing about PC gaming as i've never purchased an amazing graphics card.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    LOL. This is nuts. I said one thing in my opening post someone disagreed with and we have nothing but flaming and arguments for the rest of the tread. brilliant!
    The mest up thing is that I wasn't even disagreeing with you, I was just adding PC gaming to the list.

And on the topic of computers being too technical. They are becoming less and less complicated for the end user.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I love using pcs for games. But jesus I can't keep up with the demands it makes of me in order to play games. time and money. I know pcs are on there way to being user friendly. But you still have to install new drivers to even run a control pad. And if you aren't capable of fitting your own graphics card a pc repair centre will rip you off big time doing it for you. (I can build a PC from the ground up - but I'm a minority)
    Pcs still have a long way to go in terms of being user friendly.
    I suppose the younger generations (anyone my ageish and below) have a good grasp of how electronics and computers operate - that may be a factor in the future.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Exactly, the kind of stuff that we find highly technical know a days, is the kind of stuff that will be common knowledge to the next generations. Computers will be a big part of society, and will only get bigger. For example, how large e-commerce has become.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    7368-8559-7526-8152
    Yeah, except that Blue-Ray Burners are now being advertised in Best Buy Circulars...

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I think it will take a move on the part of the entertainment industry (games/movies) to bring pc functionality to other areas of our lives though rather than the other way around. I remember the 360 was supposed to come in 2 forms. one a games machine - and one that works with windows that you can use to do your homework on. Thats how I see pcs being integrated. as hybrid systems that are dvd player - games console - wii channel type thing + pc functionality on the side. Not Pcs incorporating all the other areas... If that makes sense?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    I'm sorry but playing gta some evenings does not compare to reaching level 600+ blah blah on everquest and WoW by playing 24/7... Pc gaming guys are geekier than console owners.
    itll suprise you on how many people play(ed) starcraft, diablo, counterstrike, or even games like cod2 on the pc......

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Wii Would Like To Play martin8768's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8015-3833-0791-9078
    Hey we shouldn't argue on what is a gek and wat isent but who is a poser geek, yes i know some people that try to be like me but lol fail. he pays WoW and CSS and talks the talk but he cant walk the walk, knows all the MMO crap but he is not l33t, its so anoying he thinks he is so smart at computers. anyways, go GEEKs!

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by martin8768
    Hey we shouldn't argue on what is a gek and wat isent but who is a poser geek, yes i know some people that try to be like me but lol fail. he pays WoW and CSS and talks the talk but he cant walk the walk, knows all the MMO crap but he is not l33t, its so anoying he thinks he is so smart at computers. anyways, go GEEKs!
    For a geek, you don't type very well or even read over what you post... maybe you are the poser.

Ads