1) Most people already have one or more dvd players in their home. If you don't or if you really want the dvd capabilities of the Wii, then wait. If you just want the Wii for playing the games on it, then just buy a Wii.Originally Posted by rtr1900
2) Nintendo recommends 3 - 8 feet. ( might be 5 - 8 feet )
3) You are restricted to your machine only. You can save the games to the SD cards, but they will not work on any machine but your own.
4) Online games are scheduled for early 2007.
5) No. The Wii is region-locked.