LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

My sad curries experiance

A few day's ago i went to go order my nintendo wii (its late I know but i had just persuaded my parents to let me buy it) the first shop we went into did'nt have any nintendo wii's left so then we went next doo to curries. There at curries i asked the man at the counter if i could pre-order the nintendo wii and he said that the if i did pre-order he didnt know when i would get it. He also told me that the nintendo wii wasnt as good as the PS3 and Xbox 360 so alot of people didnt want it. He said if i have come before november i would have got it somewhere near christmas but since i came now i might have to get in january. He then says that since not many people pre-ordered it (he said i was only the second person that had asked) there would be alot of consoles that they would sell in the shop.

My question is if they have so many consoles they can sell them in shop then how come the people who pre-order have to wait until january?

I then went next door to PC world. Over here the man says that the nintendo wii was selling well and that there pre-orders were sold straight away. He then asks "have you been next door to curries" I then explained the whole story above and he says that if i pre-ordered there i would be gauranteed one atleast and he said he doubts if they would have enough to sell in the shop. He then mentions the PS3 and my dad says to me why dont you buy that? I tell him i dont want the PS3 yet and ill buy it in about a year when i have enough money. He then says that he's only gonna let me buy one becuase of my SAT's this year. So i have a choice Wii or PS3. Well i chose wii and went back to curris and pre-ordered it. Now i just have to wait until january.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Uhhh...

Curries?

Quite honestly, if you put the effort into it, you can get a Nintendo Wii WAY before what they are saying to you right now.

Member #
    Friends
    what do you mean...campout?
    my parents wont let me do that and they wont shop online either so unless i go to another shop thats the fastest time i can get it.

Member #
    Friends
    There's rumored to be a huge shipment going out this week. I've read that stores will be getting full restocks by sunday. Just a rumor though.
    Wii Friend # 3641 5072 6222 1839
    Araya213

Member #
    Friends
    7368-8559-7526-8152
    No, you shouldn't have to camp. If you're in the US, try calling your local retailers and asking them when they will recieve another shipment. Lots of retailers will be have some this Sunday. You don't have to camp; just get there early when they get some in.

Member #
    Friends
    no im in the UK. I didnt know there was such a demand for them here in bradford but alot of people want this console.

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    Avoid: Dixons (online), PC World, Currys (many worries!) and Curry's Digital - they are all part of the same company and all come with the crap service that you expect.

I would get on a list though at somewhere like Game, HMV or Woolworths (if your local Woolworths in any good!)

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    Friends
    Argos FTW!!

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    That would make sense then, because the US doesn't have any place called curries around here. At least as far as I know.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz
    Avoid: Dixons (online), PC World, Currys (many worries!) and Curry's Digital - they are all part of the same company and all come with the crap service that you expect.

I would get on a list though at somewhere like Game, HMV or Woolworths (if your local Woolworths in any good!)
    i tried those but they were all sold out. Does anyone have the answer to why there selling them in shop instead of giving them to the people who pre-ordered?

Ads