LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 214
  1. #1
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    633
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234

    Wii is Next Gen! Stop saying its not!?

    Ok I'm sick of people saying the wii is not a next gen console. What are they basing this assumption on? "Its not got HD graphics"? WTF does that have anything to do with being the "next generation" of video game consoles.
    Let me explain.
    "Next Gen" means that it is the next generation of a video game console. i.e. If your dad has a kid - YOU are the next generation of your family. You are part of a generation - a group of people your age. Thats a generation.

    When nintendo gamecube has a kid (the wii) It is the next generation of the nintendo family. It is part of a new generation of games consoles. So it is therefore nextgen.

    To be honest this is the most basic way of defining next-gen. You could go on and say its to do with innovation and other such stuff. But next gen does not mean "better graphics".

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member george:)'s Avatar
    Member #
    1738
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    its not next gen...after playing the 360 in HD..i could never play the Wii now....ah shit...i may still get on on release but wouldnt play it as much as 360..just because the GFX are shit...they look like PS2 for crying out loud
    My sig sucks

  3. #3
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    Ok I'm sick of people saying the wii is not a next gen console. What are they basing this assumption on? "Its not got HD graphics"? WTF does that have anything to do with being the "next generation" of video game consoles.
    Let me explain.
    "Next Gen" means that it is the next generation of a video game console. i.e. If your dad has a kid - YOU are the next generation of your family. You are part of a generation - a group of people your age. Thats a generation.

    When nintendo gamecube has a kid (the wii) It is the next generation of the nintendo family. It is part of a new generation of games consoles. So it is therefore nextgen.

    To be honest this is the most basic way of defining next-gen. You could go on and say its to do with innovation and other such stuff. But next gen does not mean "better graphics".
    Beware, the Halo nerds are on the prowl.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  4. #4
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    633
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Dude did you read my post above? Did you read it? about what a generation is? a Generation? meaning it has sweet FA to do with graphics.
    - The 360 is just an xbox with great graphics? so better graphics means next gen does it?

    Someone help me out here?

  5. #5
    Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    137
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
    Posts
    3,592
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by george:)
    its not next gen...after playing the 360 in HD..i could never play the Wii now....ah shit...i may still get on on release but wouldnt play it as much as 360..just because the GFX are shit...they look like PS2 for crying out loud
    That's because you are a graphics whore.

  6. #6
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    633
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    so 360 isn't next gen cause the pc has better graphics. And the ps3...

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member Wiily Good's Avatar
    Member #
    2528
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    941
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I couldn't agree with you more Brandon.

    Next Gen does not mean better graphics. It may mean better graphics in many cases (PS2 to PS3, XBOX to XBOX360) but not in all. Next Gen simply means that is the next 'round' of consoles.

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member george:)'s Avatar
    Member #
    1738
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    Dude did you read my post above? Did you read it? about what a generation is? a Generation? meaning it has sweet FA to do with graphics.
    - The 360 is just an xbox with great graphics? so better graphics means next gen does it?

    Someone help me out here?
    shit man....i wouldnt class the Wii even close to next gen. the 360 and PS3 are two much better consoles in gameplay and graphics..just because you can wave around a controller and aim a gun with it does not mean its next gen...its a nice addition to gaming..but not a big enough addition to call it next gen...

    and the graphics are part of what makes a console next gen.
    My sig sucks

  9. #9
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Ps3 = ps1 with better graphics and even shittier launch titles.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  10. #10
    world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    1728
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    679
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    better graphics is part of being next gen, so is gameplay
    Spoiler Alert!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite Rapper/Hip Hop Artist
    By Dzapper in forum The Entertainment Lounge
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
  2. The Official Character Guide Thread
    By Splash_King in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 07:58 PM
  3. How to stop: SPAM/FLAMING ON FORUMS
    By mr_resi in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 10:42 PM
  4. Hotel Dusk: Help me!
    By Deathmetalmaster in forum Nintendo DS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Search tags for this page

stop saying wii is bad

,

wii is next gen

,

xbox live ferge

Click on a term to search for related topics.