LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Why should Wii Sports have amazing graphics? Doesn't the simplistic style make it better?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    The graphics are a bunch of Mii characters. Wtf potential does that even have? Did you expect explosions coming out of the bowling lane?
    then snakes get shot out from the ball return!!!! into yo face!
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

WiiChat Member all_eyez_on_me_88's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7703-1057-6528-1694
    im not saying it should mate, read what i wrote again. i couldnt give a flying f*ck what kinda graphics it has, they could get a kid to animate it for all i care, im just saying if your not like us, posting on wii forums finding all kinds of stuff about what the wii is capable of & your first exposure to the wii is a commercial of wii sports you might think graphics like that is all the console is capable of. im not hating on wii sports looks like a good laugh but personally if i was nintendo i would have tried to get some exposure for other, nicer looking games. and in awnser to your question, no, although im the first person to argue that gameplay is much more important than graphics, nobody can argue you that better graphics could ever be a bad thing. thats just plain stupid. again though i'll reiterate seeing as you seem to have been confused by my previous post wii sports looks good, its a free game & im not bothered about the graphics. i've been a fan of nintendo since day aswell so don't misinterpret anything i say as anti nintendo, but only with constructive critism can things improve.

Member #
    Friends
    so true, everyone has gotten the point by already that Nintendo is in this now just for the sake of fun, and not trying to warp customers minds into a silly game.... cept for zedlda
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by clrntsqueak
    Why should Wii Sports have amazing graphics? Doesn't the simplistic style make it better?
    It does. Within the first day there were nearly 600,000 Wii consoles in homes (minus the number that were flipped on eBay). It was a brilliant stroke of genius to release the Wii before the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend. As people were visiting friends and family, they played the Wii... and were hooked. It wasn't Red Steel, MonkeyBall, or Trauma Center, but Wii Sports that got them hooked.

That's why a week later, 125,000 additional Wii consoles were sold. Demand for the Wii remains white-hot.

There will be plenty of time for a Tiger Wood Golf game or PBA Bowling game that pushes the limitations of the Wii graphics, but for now, Wii Sports is the right game for the right time.... even with the simplistic graphic styles.

People are spending HOURS customizing their Miis! HOURS! This tells me that they are getting emotionally attached to personally involved with the Wii. And that they will want to play games where their Mii is the central character in games.

Member #
    Friends
    7703-1057-6528-1694
    thank you, yeah its not that wii sports is negative, its a great way of demonstrating the wii's capabilities & involving people who have previously been alienated by other more complex consoles (e.g old women, middle aged ex golf pro's etc etc). but it would be nice to see one of thoes adverts where the chinese dudes force there way into a random household feature a nice mixture of wii sports, zelda, red steel, NFS, excite truck etc - e.g. something for everyone! it would only stand to benefit nintendo with more customers which would in turn reward us loyal fans with more gaming company interest, better games.. well you get the picture

Member #
    Friends
    7703-1057-6528-1694
    Quote Originally Posted by sracer
    It does. Within the first day there were nearly 600,000 Wii consoles in homes (minus the number that were flipped on eBay). It was a brilliant stroke of genius to release the Wii before the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend. As people were visiting friends and family, they played the Wii... and were hooked. It wasn't Red Steel, MonkeyBall, or Trauma Center, but Wii Sports that got them hooked.

That's why a week later, 125,000 additional Wii consoles were sold. Demand for the Wii remains white-hot.

There will be plenty of time for a Tiger Wood Golf game or PBA Bowling game that pushes the limitations of the Wii graphics, but for now, Wii Sports is the right game for the right time.... even with the simplistic graphic styles.

People are spending HOURS customizing their Miis! HOURS! This tells me that they are getting emotionally attached to personally involved with the Wii. And that they will want to play games where their Mii is the central character in games.
    so your telling me if the mii's looked more realistic it would make it worse? bollocks mate. look im not complaining bout the mii's or wii sports, dont get that twisted but nobody can argue that better graphics is a bad thing. i wouldn't change a thing about the wii or wii sports they both look great - thats why i bothered to signed up to this forum. great graphics might make a game slightly better, they might not but they sure wont make it worse.

Member #
    Friends
    True, Wii Sports is free so obviously the game isn't going to be the best thing ever, but it is a reviewer's job to give his or her opinion of the game. If they thought it had rubbish graphics or some other problem then I would expect them to tell us about it in the review.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    7953-7942-4873-2331
    Quote Originally Posted by sracer

I would have to say i totally agree. actually one of the main reasons i camped out for the Wii was so that i would have one for thanksgiving for when all my friend came over. Not to mention the first day i had it my girlfriends parents played it(who never play video games) and were totally convinced that they wanted a Wii and were only really interested in Wii sports.
    now when i ask myself what game i am going to get i dont look at graphics any more but how is it played. it does cause me to do more research on a game but that allows me to make sure i get a game i will play more.

Member #
    Friends
    7703-1057-6528-1694
    good for you. graphics have never really been a big deal to me, they're just a nice bonus (nintendo have realised this & this is why they're onto a winner with the wii). i always read a number of reviews before i cop a game to get a reasonably unbiased opinion. XIII for example wasn't a very good looking game but dammit i love it. not many people seem to agree with me but i thought it was awesome & i have replayed it more times than i care to remember.

Ads