LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by all_eyez_on_me_88
    but nobody can argue that better graphics is a bad thing.
    Well that depends on how you define "Better graphics" I do think that it is not the size of the polygon breasts (Do not take literally) but more so artistic vision and how art is supporting game that counts. I think Wii sports looks fantastic because graphics are supporting game and it's core rather well. Allso I think that with some half serious asset try to make wii sports "look better" instead of simplified human kariatures it would loose some of it's edge.
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

2. Ads

WiiChat Member all_eyez_on_me_88's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7703-1057-6528-1694
    ok i hear what your saying mate but i personally dont define good graphics by the size of the game characters breasts? lmao. nobody would have a bad word to say if the mii's looked like a spitting image of you... obviously its not gunna happen but better graphics are never a bad thing & i stand by that. wii sports looks good, looks fun but everyone who has already seen it & liked it is already biased. if nintendo had never released it like that & instead the mii's looked like you 100% then nobody on this forum would be arguing "yeah it looks really good but i just wish nintendo had dummed it down abit & used more basic graphics. it would make the game alot better..." lol... better graphics might not always improve the game but they can NEVER MAKE IT WORSE

Member #
    Friends
    so your telling me if the mii's looked more realistic it would make it worse?
    Sheesh. How about limiting your thinking to what I actually wrote.

bollocks mate. look im not complaining bout the mii's or wii sports, dont get that twisted but nobody can argue that better graphics is a bad thing. i wouldn't change a thing about the wii or wii sports they both look great - thats why i bothered to signed up to this forum. great graphics might make a game slightly better, they might not but they sure wont make it worse.
    Nobody said better graphics aren't better. If you can't see that cartoony graphics is making the system more approach to non-gamers, then I don't know what to tell you.

The simplicity of the graphics in Wii Sports and Miis makes the system less intimidating to older, non-gamers. For these people, higher-res graphics = more complex gameplay. Heck, there are gamer fanboys that believe the same thing!

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by sracer
    The simplicity of the graphics in Wii Sports and Miis makes the system less intimidating to older, non-gamers. For these people, higher-res graphics = more complex gameplay. Heck, there are gamer fanboys that believe the same thing!
    Agreed man. Nintendo is going for simplicity with the bundled game to attract that first wave of "non" gamers. But my qeuestion is, what are they doing for gamers? No online, terrible graphics (some worst than next-gen), and in some cases, simplified features. That can only go so far before the true gamers start wanting more.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Thats when they bring out more, with these features. Yes, the geniousity! Like, Tiger Woods online or something. With graphics compariable to the PS3! But not in a good way. Hopefully when true gamers start wanting more, nintendo will answer their call. Except if the phone line is busy.

ABC, you have done many posts. Just so you know.
    Warning: Adult Themes
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Agreed man. Nintendo is going for simplicity with the bundled game to attract that first wave of "non" gamers. But my qeuestion is, what are they doing for gamers? No online, terrible graphics (some worst than next-gen), and in some cases, simplified features. That can only go so far before the true gamers start wanting more.
    That is Nintendo's next challenge and it will ultimately show whether the Wii is holiday-season flash-in-the-pan for an innovative game system that breaks the mold.

As for "true gamers" I hope that you aren't talking about the typical Playstation and XBox gamers. Nintendo has very wisely stated they aren't going to compete in that gamespace. I believe that this time around, Nintendo will offer a wider variety of games... I mean, COD3 as a launch title?! I wouldn't have thought that.

Developing for the Wii is far less expensive and less complex than developing for the 360 or PS3. When we factor that in with the sales and buzz of the Wii, suddenly it becomes an attractive system to develop for.

The next 6-12 months will be telling. But so far, I really like where the big "N" is going.

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    I didnt know Reggie goes to IGN.com!!!
    Anyways Red Steel is a difficult game.....Reggie needs to think about what hes saying!

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by nkbswe5
    ABC, you have done many posts. Just so you know.
    Not sure what that means but yes, I have "done many posts". I like doing hot chicks as well.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Fine, you have posted many posts. Better?
    Warning: Adult Themes
    Spoiler Alert!

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by nkbswe5
    Fine, you have posted many posts. Better?
    I guess... Can I get a mature check on this post please?

Ads