LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    now just hear me out here.. you from the UK? right, Marks & Spencers adverts - they advertise their most highest quality gormet food, do they sell less quality food? yep. is it as nice? pretty much yeah. they advertise the nicest stuff as it gives the audience an impression of the full extent of what they are capable of. convert this into gaming terms - doesn't it make sense for nintendo to also give some coverage to the nicer looking games as well as wii sports?
    I've got to say that this one of the most lucid analogies I have seen for a long time.

Getting back to the original point about Reggie critising the reviewers (see also this thread: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...too-harsh.html)
    Of course Nintendo are going to be on the offensive regarding any critical comments of their new system - hell wouldn't we all! I feel that reviewers are underestimating the power of experience over looks and sounds and this is where the problem will lie, for a little while at least. Reviewers; on the whole; are still expecting 3rd gen performance to be about power (looks/sounds) and tie in nicely the experience of mashing buttons to achieve the experience - NOT SO with the Wii....they are looking in Wiisports for something deeper BUT the something deeper isn't on screen or in your ears, it's in the smile you get from actually swinging you arm to get a strike or punching your mate in the kisser or or or etc.... this concept isn't native to traditional gamers, hell it isn't native to anyone stood in front of a tv!!!

As soon as reviewers and naysayers alike commit to the "experience" instead of looking for something on-screen to excite then there will be negativity for sure.

I think we can all agree that whatever the graphics if the game's pants then the games pant's.
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Have you seen your typical game reviewer? If the game sucks like Gundam, they can't give it a 1/10? Why put a 1-10 scale if you won't ever go below 3(most times)? Why give games like Zelda a 8/10? They know if they hug middle ground more they win. Most games on the market are garbage. Show me any game reviewer that agrees, and I'll show you their lack of income. They get paid to stay on the middle.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Have you seen your typical game reviewer? If the game sucks like Gundam, they can't give it a 1/10? Why put a 1-10 scale if you won't ever go below 3(most times)? Why give games like Zelda a 8/10? They know if they hug middle ground more they win. Most games on the market are garbage. Show me any game reviewer that agrees, and I'll show you their lack of income. They get paid to stay on the middle.
    which is why 5 point scale reviews are the way to go (xplay does this)

1=horrible, 2=poor, 3=average, 4=good, 5=great

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads