LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    137
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
    Posts
    3,592
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1000-0000-0000-0000

    Reggie Criticizes Reviews

    "I think a lot of the reviews have been overly critical," said Reggie. "Does it take you a few minutes to get used to the Red Steel control scheme? Yes. Once you get used to it does it play extremely well? Absolutely. I think a lot of those reviews are overly harsh. Just like the IGN review of Wii Sports. They’re negative on the graphics of the game, but we always said what the graphics would be. I think that’s people just being hypercritical."

    Maybe he has got a point. But telling us that Wii Sports wasn't gonna have good graphics for what the system is capable of doesn't mean it will get away with it. Though it was Ninty's choice to make the graphics like that.

    Comment?

    Total Gamer Zone - Story: Reggie criticises reviewers


  2. #2
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroidZ
    But telling us that Wii Sports wasn't gonna have good graphics for what the system is capable of doesn't mean it will get away with it.
    Considering wii sports is a little bonus that comes with the system as a way to demonstrate the wiimotes capabilities...yes it pretty much means it does mean it will get away with it.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  3. #3
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    633
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Considering wii sports is a little bonus that comes with the system as a way to demonstrate the wiimotes capabilities...yes it pretty much means it does mean it will get away with it.
    I second that... wii sports was never meant to be gears of war.

  4. #4
    Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    137
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
    Posts
    3,592
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Considering wii sports is a little bonus that comes with the system as a way to demonstrate the wiimotes capabilities...yes it pretty much means it does mean it will get away with it.
    I agree, but that doesn't make the graphics better. thats all I was saying.

  5. #5
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroidZ
    I agree, but that doesn't make the graphics better. thats all I was saying.
    The graphics are a bunch of Mii characters. Wtf potential does that even have? Did you expect explosions coming out of the bowling lane?

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member Flip's Avatar
    Member #
    1838
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    756
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    I think reviews should completely disregard the graphics portion, or at least focus on the aesthetics rather than the graphics themselves. All we will get now is reviews for the Wii that state that the graphics don't compete with such-and-such on the 360, and will only serve to decrease the games scores.

    This is true with the Wii at least, and if these reviewers are going to review the graphics, they should definately not be comparing it to anything other than different Wii games.

    On another note, GameSpot has totally borked the Wii reviews section, as now all you see are classic VC games being rated harshly under the Wii section, because of poor graphics and gameplay. It's even more annoying that these are under the Wii section, as it's now tough to figure out which are the Wii games, and which are the VC games. Off-topic, but annoying none-the-less.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member all_eyez_on_me_88's Avatar
    Member #
    2854
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    When I say 'U', you say 'K'
    Posts
    71
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7703-1057-6528-1694
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Considering wii sports is a little bonus that comes with the system as a way to demonstrate the wiimotes capabilities...yes it pretty much means it does mean it will get away with it.
    a very valid point but the bad thing is all i ever see advertised personally is wii sports & all though its undoubtedly going to be a fun game, people who don't know much about the wii ( e.g. some hardcore gamers who avoid nintendo systems due the the stigmata attached to it - "poor graphics" & "kiddy games" etc etc ) will probably think games with these graphics is all the wii is capable. i know thats the impression alot of my playstation fan boy mates have got. philistines obviously i set them straight after they make this mistake & have converted quite a few. just doing my bit for nintendo

    p.s: i've said it once & i'll say it again, nintendo! you already have the kiddy audience locked! now you need to cater abit more to the hardcore gamers who also like maturer games, cos lets be honest, its all well & good having kids love your system but most kids are broke, its the hardcore gamers who are gunna make you most of your money!

  8. #8
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by all_eyez_on_me_88
    a very valid point but the bad thing is all i ever see advertised personally is wii sports & all though its undoubtedly going to be a fun game, people who don't know much about the wii ( e.g. some hardcore gamers who avoid nintendo systems due the the stigmata attached to it - "poor graphics" & "kiddy games" etc etc ) will probably think games with these graphics is all the wii is capable. i know thats the impression alot of my playstation fan boy mates have got. philistines obviously i set them straight after they make this mistake & have converted quite a few. just doing my bit for nintendo

    p.s: i've said it once & i'll say it again, nintendo! you already have the kiddy audience locked! now you need to cater abit more to the hardcore gamers who also like maturer games, cos lets be honest, its all well & good having kids love your system but most kids are broke, its the hardcore gamers who are gunna make you most of your money!
    The 600k wiis already sold, weren't all ourchased by/for little kids.

    And 90% of the people i saw camping out were porobably between the age of 15-23

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  9. #9
    Sin SinfulKnight's Avatar
    Member #
    4847
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    28
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4006-5435-1196-5417
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    I second that... wii sports was never meant to be gears of war.
    How about Mii's of War, Coming soon

  10. #10
    WiiChat Member all_eyez_on_me_88's Avatar
    Member #
    2854
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    When I say 'U', you say 'K'
    Posts
    71
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7703-1057-6528-1694
    yeah mate i feel what your saying but correct me if im wrong but i never argued that just little kids were buying it? im 18 & i know im copping one & i know alot of other people my age or older are also planning too. however, im simply pointing out nintendo biggest enemy is the fact alot of people still thing that they only make games aimed at kids & while this isn't true they could be doing more to actively combat this viewpoint.

    "And 90% of the people i saw camping out were porobably between the age of 15-23" - this might have had something to do with the fact if i had a kid who was under 15 i probably wouldn't want him camping out on he street on his own, i probably go for him... but then again he probably wouldn't get a chance to play the wii cos i'd be to busy playing it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. REGGIE, a true Striker.
    By BigORhyme in forum Mario Strikers Charged
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 09:45 PM
  2. Game Review Sites vs User Reviews
    By sirgrim in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 04:16 AM
  3. mario party 8 reviews
    By zealot8525 in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
  4. Reggie Owns
    By Homesrfan in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 12:33 AM
  5. HUGE THREAD - Wii '07
    By Homesrfan in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 10:17 PM