Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Nintendo : No NextGen home console!!

Hi, are you glad for the Nintendo 3DS?

Well, this device has the potential to move the game industry far beyond. But, what is next?

Do you expect the next Nintendo home console by 2011-2013?

A recent japanese report show that Nintendo plans to transforrm the 3DS to a home console. What that means?

No new Nintendo home console anymore!!

The 3DS will be the ONLY (fully integrated) portable/home console from Nintendo in the next 5 years. They plan to launch some accessories that complement the 3DS, such a wireless HDMI/VGA connector to play your 3DS games on your HDTVs. Off course without the 3D effect until the stereoscopic HDTVs appear. Also a pointer device that allows using the Wiimote/nunchuck to play your 3DS games instead the 3DS controls.
    This strategy is made to compete against Apple (the next fierce Nintendo competitor) iphone new strategy to play games, and some cellphone developers will follow this way like in these pics.
    In addition, the 3DS will make an extensive use of 3G network for its online strategy.

Source:
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library...9qa/index.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nintendo : No NextGen home console!!-connect.jpg   Nintendo : No NextGen home console!!-connect1.jpg  

Last edited by stickmode; 10-10-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    In the picture is an iphone...back off.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think that the 3DS is powerful enough to be a single handheld/console device. The graphics may look near 360/PS3 quality on the small screen, it may even be around Gamecube performance level, but when you blow them up on a big screen it'd look worse than the Wii. As graphics have been a big area of contention for Nintendo this gen I doubt that they'd want to be even further behind next gen.

It wouldn't suprise me if there was a 3DS adaptor that allowed you to play it on your TV but I don't think it would replace a new console. The Wii has just been too successful for Nintendo to abandon the console market, so I still expect to see a 'Wii2' unveiled by 2013.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    I don't think that the 3DS is powerful enough to be a single handheld/console device. The graphics may look near 360/PS3 quality on the small screen, it may even be around Gamecube performance level, but when you blow them up on a big screen it'd look worse than the Wii. As graphics have been a big area of contention for Nintendo this gen I doubt that they'd want to be even further behind next gen.

It wouldn't suprise me if there was a 3DS adaptor that allowed you to play it on your TV but I don't think it would replace a new console. The Wii has just been too successful for Nintendo to abandon the console market, so I still expect to see a 'Wii2' unveiled by 2013.
    Yes it actually is.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DG~X View Post

Yes it actually is.
    Exactly how is it? Unless the rumoured specs are all fake it isn't even as powerful as the Wii, so how can a less powerful console replace a more powerful one?

If Nintendo's plan is to reduce their consoles power each gen then their success won't continue. They got away with it this gen because the Wii was cheap and different but people won't be as happy to settle for less next gen; especially if it is even weaker than their current console and even less powerful than the 360/PS3.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    To me, in order for them to succeed with that, they would need to expand the Game Cartridges to 8GBs to match the Wii's 9.4GBs of intial Game Data. To challenge XBOX 360 would be to add a 16GB-32GB size Game Cartridge which exists. Because an XBOX 360 Game = 15GBs Single Layer/30GBs Dual-Layer.

Member #
    Friends

Well, check this link:

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/o...t-wont-happen/

And tell me what you think about it!!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    A little advice for people that don't know him
    stickmode pretends to know what hes talking about, but he don't.

To me, in order for them to succeed with that, they would need to expand the Game Cartridges to 8GBs to match the Wii's 9.4GBs of intial Game Data. To challenge XBOX 360 would be to add a 16GB-32GB size Game Cartridge which exists. Because an XBOX 360 Game = 15GBs Single Layer/30GBs Dual-Layer.
    Arent 360 games on DVDs?
    They go up to 4.something gig single layer.

But from what I have been reading on some of my techy sites there is soon to be a 100gig disc coming out. Not for a while though as no players support it

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Dprinny, XBOX 360 games use HD-DVD Discs which hold 15GBs SL/30GBs DL. If they're not then why would they compete with Sony's BD 25GBs SL/50GBs DL? And if XBOX 360 did only use standard DVDs then what keeps Nintendo from adding Open World Games? PS2 & XBOX did.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BluRayPSP View Post
    Dprinny, XBOX 360 games use HD-DVD Discs which hold 15GBs SL/30GBs DL. If they're not then why would they compete with Sony's BD 25GBs SL/50GBs DL? And if XBOX 360 did only use standard DVDs then what keeps Nintendo from adding Open World Games? PS2 & XBOX did.
    Where did you hear Xbox 360 uses HD-DVD disks? If they did, why would they have released an external HD-DVD drive (and then discontinue it)? PS3 may release some games on BluRay, but I don't think they use the full capacity.

Ads