LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I Love Just Dance, But As A Left Handed Person I Can't Play It!

Hi!

I am desperate for someone to resolve this.

I love Just Dance, and am really looking forward to Just Dance 2 coming out, but there is a major issue with my game play.

Basically, the game is completely geared towards right handed players. No matter how many times I play it, my right arm is always much weaker than my left, and so every movement is not as strong as when I change hands, or more importantly, everyone else I play with who are right handed. I get minimal scores most times, and its really quite depressing because I know I am doing the dances right.

I know someone from Ubisoft was interviewed recently and was asked about a left handed option, in this article below - but I was really frustrated by the response. To say there is no difference in dance (in terms of power) between the left and right arm if you are left handed or right handed is completely untrue - if that is the case, why are they not making the game for people to play with their left hand! I'm sure they would be getting a lot more complaints!!!
    http://www.videogamer.com/wii/just_d...view-2418.html

Does anyone know of plans to create a left handed facility - surely the technology to do this can't be that complicated?!!!!

Or is there anyway something could be created to add to the console to translate left handed movements into the game?

Any ideas gratefully received!!!

xx

Member #
    Friends
    I cannot fathom how being right or left handed would make a difference when it comes to dance. Could somebody explain how this could be?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    the game has more movements for theright hand you may be doing the dances right but the wii just doesnt pick up those movementss
    "I'm a god amongst men, you're a suburban commando"-Kim Jong-IL vs Hulk hogan(Epic Rap battles of history)

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the heads up. As a lefty, I can relate. Punch Out doesn't have a way for the remote and nunchuck to be switched. I can't play it because I hold the remote in my left hand, but that swings Little Mac's right hand. I see no excuse for any Wii game not to have a lefty setting. It's in Wii Sports for crying out loud.

Member #
    Friends
    I suppose the only option would be to work on your right hand strength or endurance. With at least several games out that don't support left handed play, it may be a good time to practice up and get better at using your right.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyPayne View Post
    I suppose the only option would be to work on your right hand strength or endurance. With at least several games out that don't support left handed play, it may be a good time to practice up and get better at using your right.
    It's not a matter of endurance, though. For me, holding the remote in my left hand feels more natural and it's awkward in my right hand. Ubisoft made Just Dance and the Raving Rabbids games and at least TV Party has a lefty setting. If they want my money, they can include a control scheme that allows for different configurations.

Member #
    Friends
    I hear you suade94. Awkward feeling controls are hard to deal with. If you DO decide to try it maybe you should rent it first just in case you can't get used to the right handed setup. It might not be as tough to get used to holding the controller as you think though, it's not as tough as it would be to try to write something with your right, but it WOULD take some getting used to. It's a fun game, I wish they offered you lefties this option.

Member #
    Friends
    i can relate. I have been playing dance games on the XBOX 360 Kinect with no issues, but had to get the ABBA dance game for the Wii since it's not available for Kinect and I hate to hold the controller in the right hand, so unnatural for me, kinda clumsy feeling.
    It makes a big difference for me as a left hander and I will not buy another game for the Wii that will not offer a leftie option. It bothers me that much.

Member #
    Friends
    I understand. I have a PS3 and I'm thinking about Move. I don't think third party games will be any different then on Wii, but hopefully first party games will offer a lefty setting. I have Skyward Sword and even that can be a challenge being left handed.

Member #
    Friends
    ok listen up people i am a left handed person too and i sometimes have problems with just dance 4 but here is a clue to getting all the moves right............................................. ..First hold the wii remote in your left hand and then whatever the person on the screen on his right hand do what it is doing backwards then you will get a perfect i do this on every song expessially instanbul so now your problem is fully solved END OF DISCUSSION!!! instanbul to con sitil mateys

Ads