I'm having trouble with a Wii system update.
I recently acquired some new games. Two of them, "Metroid: Other M" and "Epic Mickey" are fairly recent games and, as such, require a system update. However. The moment I start the update, it cancels and says "Wii Update failed". Here's everything I can tell you about the circumstances:
That's about all I know about the circumstances. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as being unable to play any new games is a complete pain in the rear.
- I bought the Wii in early 2008 (I think).
- The current system version is 4.2.
- I have never hacked or modified the console in any way.
- I was given the Homebrewe Channel by a friend a while ago. I never used it or changed any settings, and when the first update failed, I deleted it.
- Before I tried the first system update, the Wii hadn't been used for a number of weeks.
- I am not given any error code or anything similar when the update fails.
- The Wii is not, and never has been, connected to the internet.
- All my other games, including the other two games I recently obtained, "Punch Out!!" and "Muramasa: The Demon Blade" work perfectly and have been completely unaffected by this turn of events.