LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm sure you would be able to swap the glove and game over at a later date (i.e. when they have stock - It's just bad PR otherwise).

Lucky Kids - bet they're gonna be well happy on Christmas.

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jillybean
    Ok so my husband got to ToysRus at 8 am this morning and he was 37th in line. At about 8:15 the manager came out and said there was 42 Wii's available. So my husband get's his ticket slip and it said on it $249.99 and option to buy warrenty, if you wanted to.

Anyhow, when it gets about time to checkout in line, he hear's the cashier tell the ppl before him that they have to purchase the bundle they are offering for $289.97 (includes 1 game and 1 controller glove). The game they where offering with the bundle, was Ultimate Alliance but they had run out of those, so they gave him the Monkey ball Banana Blitz game instead, and A PINK CONTROLLER GLOVE because they had also run out of the other colors, (red and green).

I think in a way this was false advertising when the manager passes out tickets for ONLY the console, then when you go to ring out they tell you you HAVE to buy the bundle pack. Some PPL had to actually leave and go back home to get more money.

Even though im upset over this, I'm sooo happy my two kiddie's WILL have a Wii under their Christmas Tree!

Does anybody else thing this is wrong??
    I would have thought thats not allowed because they are basically saying you have to buy the game... hmmm I dont know if thats totally legit...

May have different consumer rules in the states compared to the UK but Toys R Us are a bunch of ****holes in my opinion

TheRook

Member #
    Friends
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    There is actually a lawsuit against Toys R Us right now for this. I read about it the other day. In the paper its advertised at $249.99 and people are being forced to pay more and have to buy a bundle.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jillybean
    Ok so my husband got to ToysRus at 8 am this morning and he was 37th in line. At about 8:15 the manager came out and said there was 42 Wii's available. So my husband get's his ticket slip and it said on it $249.99 and option to buy warrenty, if you wanted to.

Anyhow, when it gets about time to checkout in line, he hear's the cashier tell the ppl before him that they have to purchase the bundle they are offering for $289.97 (includes 1 game and 1 controller glove). The game they where offering with the bundle, was Ultimate Alliance but they had run out of those, so they gave him the Monkey ball Banana Blitz game instead, and A PINK CONTROLLER GLOVE because they had also run out of the other colors, (red and green).

I think in a way this was false advertising when the manager passes out tickets for ONLY the console, then when you go to ring out they tell you you HAVE to buy the bundle pack. Some PPL had to actually leave and go back home to get more money.

Even though im upset over this, I'm sooo happy my two kiddie's WILL have a Wii under their Christmas Tree!

Does anybody else thing this is wrong??
    This is illegal. It's called bait-n-switch. Report them to the BBB and let the store manager know that you will let the Attorney General know of their dishonest business dealings.

Member #
    Friends
    It might be a good price for that. It depends.

If your kids are around from 6-10 years old, SMB: BBB, could be a good game for them.

If you have a girl child, she might like the Pink Controller Glove.

Anyways, you guys saved 20 bucks.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Considering the fact that it was either that or nothing. They guranteed 42 wii's, I'm sure it didn't say specifically that they had 42 of everything.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Considering the fact that it was either that or nothing. They guranteed 42 wii's, I'm sure it didn't say specifically that they had 42 of everything.
    ????? what?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiToddIt
    This is illegal. It's called bait-n-switch. Report them to the BBB and let the store manager know that you will let the Attorney General know of their dishonest business dealings.
    How is that bait and switch? They had a pre-determined number of single units and a number set aside for bundles. It's not like the guy stepped up to the cash register and then the cashier decided "Oh, I want to screw this guy" and gave him the higher priced bundle instead.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    How is that bait and switch? They had a pre-determined number of single units and a number set aside for bundles. It's not like the guy stepped up to the cash register and then the cashier decided "Oh, I want to screw this guy" and gave him the higher priced bundle instead.
    NOT TRUE... They sold all of us bundle's. No one got to buy just the console, at least not today. Everyone was made to buy the bundle.

need a guide for my life vigor&kandor's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2546-3990-4963-3417
    well yes it is unfair, but seeing how businesses make very, very, very little profit from selling the systems, i can see how making people buy accessories would help the store earn more money.

unfair to you, but profitable to the store.
    Wii-Friend me: 2546 3990 4963 3417

Ads