Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

****Offical Canadian track thread of new Wii Shipments****

For Canada only, get out americans.

Im in the montreal area. I checked every store around the lasalle area and laval, every walmart/bestbuy/futureshop/gamestop and eb games, nobody has anything for this week.

I called a walmart and spoke to a manager just before posting this, he said that they wont hold any, if they get it in stock theyll sell it right away and they dont get an email or anything saying when they get any.(this was 1999, BOUL. ROLAND-THERRIEN Walmart)

I talked to a walmart manager in lasalle near angrinon this friday when i went to check every store around angrinon. He said he was 100% sure they werent getting any on friday because last time he received an email saying they were getting some. He also said that if they get any wiis they will be received at 12-1pm. I can confirm the 12-1pm, the last friday I went and stood at the walmart an hour before it opened, when they opened they said they didnt have any, the employee said if they get any it should come later in the day, thanks to the idiot quebecer for not telling me that it was coming at around 12:30pm because it did come and I wasnt there thinking they werent going to get any.

Bestbuy may be selling theres on friday because I called them and they said call back on wednesday and thursday.

If anyone has any info post. Im getting so sick of employees telling me they dont know anything...

Member #
    Friends
    I read this somewhere on these boards
    Canadian shipments are coming in through Vancouver, there's a strike going on over there on the docks, I have a friend that had his car stuck there for 3 months now and it's not moving. I'd expect this to impact heavily on the shipments we are getting since US is still getting Wii's and Canadian stores have ordered multiple times, and never received any. The second shipment in our stores was a total surprise to most of them from what like 5 clerks from different stores told me.

Member #
    Friends
    Apparently in some parts of canada, walmarts are expecting wiis on wednesday and bestbuy on friday.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    I don't live in Canada, but I can confirm the 12-1pm thing. In the states usually in that area of time, walmart puts out stuff.

Member #
    Friends
    this won't help you but to Vancouver people! Guilford Mall Wal-mart in Surrey has got 10 - 12 Wiis in pretty much every morning since launch. I got mine 2 days after launch when they were apparently impossible to find. My buddy works there and they still get them in in the morning. Just call at 7:45ish. Its not a second shipment from Nintendo, they just stock piled them in their warehouse and slowly release them to only a couple Wal-Marts per province.

Member #
    Friends
    yay

Member #
    Friends
    8523-4056-9641-3674
    I've been looking for a second nunchuk since launch day! Man those are hard to find! I work near a Future Shop, a Zellers, an eb games and a Toy's R Us and i go check each day and they got nothing! I hope i can get one soon! I'm in Quebec City if anybody has any news on this

Just got back from the future shop where they just sold 12 more wiis.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpouliot
    I've been looking for a second nunchuk since launch day! Man those are hard to find! I work near a Future Shop, a Zellers, an eb games and a Toy's R Us and i go check each day and they got nothing! I hope i can get one soon! I'm in Quebec City if anybody has any news on this

Just got back from the future shop where they just sold 12 more wiis.
    I'm in Montreal. Yesterday I ran into the Nintendo rep restocking shelves at the local Wal-Mart. She said they have 12 Wiis in the back ready to go out, and that they usually got that many at a time. At that point my palms got sweaty and I had to run out of there screaming since I want a Wii quite badly, but currently don't have the funds available . Grrr.

Member #
    Friends
    8523-4056-9641-3674
    Quote Originally Posted by miiplaywii
    this won't help you but to Vancouver people! Guilford Mall Wal-mart in Surrey has got 10 - 12 Wiis in pretty much every morning since launch. I got mine 2 days after launch when they were apparently impossible to find. My buddy works there and they still get them in in the morning. Just call at 7:45ish. Its not a second shipment from Nintendo, they just stock piled them in their warehouse and slowly release them to only a couple Wal-Marts per province.
    is it the same with accessories?

Member #
    Friends
    I got a nunchuck from the eBgames on the east end mall of Montreal. Though I'm sorry to say that it was the last one.

Ads