Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8708-0606-0103-6580
    Quote Originally Posted by xbandaidx
    Actually the Wiis (as well as Gamecube) read the discs backwards, and normal DVDs are read forward. So a software update really isn't much of an option. Reggie stated no there were no DVD Playback Wiis coming to the States, and then there are Game sites reporting that there is one coming to the states. I don't know about you, but I believe Reggie (President of nintendo America) in this case (MTV Interview), unless hes really holding back a lot of information and all that just to make sure sales continue to go strong.

Also you'll notice none of them state "DVD playback Wiis coming to North America", the only place I have read of it going to be is just Japan.

Now I will admit a classmate of mine has told me the whole Nintendo thing reading the disc backward is actually false, I asked him for some type of source for this information and he hasn't really supplied me with one.
    The GC and Wii "spinning backwards" was a false urban legend. You do not need a sourse or a link to believe me. Just test it yourself on the GC. Open the cover while it's spinning, and you'll see it spins normally.

Member #
    Friends
    8708-0606-0103-6580
    Quote Originally Posted by tinacap77
    my family is new to this gaming world. We gave our son a DS Lite for his birthday and are considering purchasing the Wii for the whole family. I have been having trouble locating one and started wondering if we should be buying the Game Cube instead for $99 and then next year get the next generation of the Wii.

If we buy this first generation Wii now, will I regret this decision next Christmas and wish I had waited? I read that the Wii that Nintendo is coming out with in the later part of 2007 will be DVD compatible.
    I am not trying to be rude in any way at all, but why in the hell would you want something soooooooooo 90's like a DVD player in late 2007?!? DVD is yesterday's technology. It is being replaced by HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. By late next year, it will be even more outdated. It's like buying a tape player in 1990, when tapes were well on their way to being replaced by CD's.

Member #
    Friends
    LOL, maybe that's because the new generation of DVD serves little purpose other than acting as a money sink for people who have too much cash burnin a hole in their pocket.

Anyway, yeah get the Wii, it's definately going to provide more enjoyment for the whole family than a gamecube, if you get the family hooked on wiisports you'll spend hours a day together playing. At least that's how it's working over here at my house.
    Wii Friend # 3641 5072 6222 1839
    Araya213

Luke Perry for President! Darkside7000's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Just get it now, im sure you already have a DVD player. Besides, the Wii is aimed more at gaming and not so much DVD compatibility.
    Last edited by Darkside7000; 12-05-2006 at 01:32 AM.
    "Never critisize someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes, that way, your a mile away and have their shoes."
    -Jesus.
    -------------------------
    My whole family was testing out some Wii Sports at thanksgiving and my grandma says, "Those Japanese people, they sure use their brain powers."...... and I say nothing, and my six year old cousin looks over at her and says, "pandas are like people, they understand everything."
    -I forget.

Add me and i'll add you! intekmdma's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    Definately try to get a wii, It's like a teaser to buy a game cube. Also, the DVD feature should be a + only, That's where the dvd player comes in handy

turbo'd wabbit

Member #
    Friends
    And its better then the X360/PS3 for a family console, da n00bs dont hav teh intrawebs rofl
    "Never critisize someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes, that way, your a mile away and have their shoes."
    -Jesus.
    My whole family was testing out some Wii Sports at thanksgiving and my grandma says, "Those Japanese people, they sure use their brain powers."...... and I say nothing, and my six year old cousin looks over at her and says, "pandas are like people, they understand everything."
    -I forget.

Member #
    Friends
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    Yeah i'd have to agree. I want a PS3 more. but the wii CAN be more family oriented

turbo'd wabbit

Member #
    Friends
    Same. I'll probably wait til it drops in price a bit though, theres alot of Wii games I need to buy. Or I could just get the 20gig version, who's gonna use up 20gig let alone 60?
    -Jesus.
    -I forget.

Member #
    Friends
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    The only good thing for the PS3 would have to be for graphic intensified games

turbo'd wabbit

Member #
    Friends
    2772-8936-1314-9979
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside7000
    Same. I'll probably wait til it drops in price a bit though, theres alot of Wii games I need to buy. Or I could just get the 20gig version, who's gonna use up 20gig let alone 60?
    Has much pr0n that can easily take up that space.

lol, j/k

Ads