LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    knock 70$ off that price as the gamecube stuff is for a "Different Console"...
    also component cables aren't a "must have" as the wii aint hi-def.
    knock another 35$ off for that...
    Maybe I should also nock off the extra wii remote and nunchuck as I do not need to have friends.

Dude. I bought the Wii because it is backward compatible. I though this was a bonus. Component cables are a must have or you will have a shit image. I would never use my DVD player with composite cables so why would I game that way.

Lets also add about $45 to the price because I do not have a wireless router to connect to the internet. The wii should come with a standard ethernet port. I beleive the Xbox does.
    Last edited by ics; 12-05-2006 at 08:46 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1616-2753-9551-8415
    @ICS:

Not trying to be rude here, but surely if someone buys the Wii to be backwards compatible, then they'll already have every GC accessory they need? I have like 3 controllers, 2 wavebirds, 4 memory cards, 2 Donkey Konga Bongo sets and other assorted crap lying around - why would you buy brand new things when you can just re-use what you already have?

Granted, someone new to GC would face the added expense of having to buy GC accessories for their Wii, but if they really wanted to play GC games *that* badly (and let's remember, there won't be many more GC titles anounced...) why not just pick up a really cheap pre-owned GC and accessories?

Member #
    Friends
    3766-9259-1086-3732
    xbox doesnt have wifi standard which i believe is a $100 addon? So to really compair the price of the wii to the 360 add that in. Wireless 360 controllers with the battery packs equals the price of the Wiimote and Nunchuck. The 360 doesnt come with component cables (my roommate's doesnt have erm). Not all 360 games are backwards compatible and last time i checked ALL gamecube games work with the Wii plus you have VC games. Oh yah the Wii's online is free, xbox's is not.

You have no reason to whine.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    The gamecube controller works fine with the Wii. GC games only works with GC memory cards. A lot like the PS2 was with the PS1. You can buy a USB internet connector, or get a wireless router. If they add in online play later, like they said, then you won't need to buy the extra controller for multiplayer fun.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    I wouldn't knock of the extra wiimote and nunchuk because you don't have friends, the Wii will make you friends, mostly of the female gender as well.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisgil
    @ICS:

Not trying to be rude here, but surely if someone buys the Wii to be backwards compatible, then they'll already have every GC accessory they need? I have like 3 controllers, 2 wavebirds, 4 memory cards, 2 Donkey Konga Bongo sets and other assorted crap lying around - why would you buy brand new things when you can just re-use what you already have?

Granted, someone new to GC would face the added expense of having to buy GC accessories for their Wii, but if they really wanted to play GC games *that* badly (and let's remember, there won't be many more GC titles anounced...) why not just pick up a really cheap pre-owned GC and accessories?
    There are some games that I want for the wii but there are no plans to make them yet. example Hockey. But the gamecube has it so I though I would just play it until a wii hockey game comes out.

Member #
    Friends
    7953-7942-4873-2331
    Its kinda funny you are bitching about getting yourself a new video game system and having to spend money on it. I mean it is your choice to spend the money and hey if you are unsatisfied with the price of the Wii then perhaps you should have just bought your precious xbox360. Most people here are here to talk about how much they love thier Wii or how the games are not really to bitch about spending money on one. Sure there are alot of accessory purchases but if you didnt like the idea of it maybe you should have done some research before you dropped your wad(second wad joke on the board). You are not really going to get much sympathy from anyone on here, so it would be best to complain to the xbox360 crowd.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Well, add the extended warranty to the 360 ($30 I believe it is), and trust me you WILL NEED it.

Member #
    Friends
    4222-8114-5634-8089
    dude you gotta relax lol....you're purposely trying to make them the same price....it isn't about the money that we bought the Wii..We actually LIKE it and it isn't my second choice to the XBox 360 and I only got it because it was less...I prefer the Wii. You can nickle and dime anything like that if you try hard enough

Member #
    Friends
    Hey everyone,

I not saying I don't like the wii. I actually really like it but I just did not research it enough. I am now finding it costs allot to use it at it's full capibility. My point is for anyone pricing out what system to buy they should be aware of what I said and take into consideration other systems that have most of what you need bundled with it. That is all.

Ads