+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 3D on the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1209-6008-3137-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by ammie View Post
    yes but its only simulation not real d 3d...
    Stills over rated.

Member #
    Friends
    I finally found some information about it online. My TV is capable of converting 2d images and video to 3d. How they accomplish this is beyond me... I am a computer programmer, and I have yet to think of an effective way to achieve this feat. At any rate, it somehow manages to figure out from the image, which objects are far away, and which are near the screen and then processes the image into an artificial 3d image. I wasn't able to find it before because there is very little information about it on the internet at this point in time. The tv is the LG 47LW5600 if anyone wants to confirm this.

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Is your Wii not a Wii but a 3DS?
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: F.E.A.R., Skyrem.
    Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by betabob2000 View Post
    I finally found some information about it online. My TV is capable of converting 2d images and video to 3d. How they accomplish this is beyond me... I am a computer programmer, and I have yet to think of an effective way to achieve this feat. At any rate, it somehow manages to figure out from the image, which objects are far away, and which are near the screen and then processes the image into an artificial 3d image. I wasn't able to find it before because there is very little information about it on the internet at this point in time. The tv is the LG 47LW5600 if anyone wants to confirm this.
    If this is true, not only is that pretty damn cool, but it's just as I thought it'd be; it's simply the TV (if there's little information on even the web, I sure as hell ain't gonna try to research it, lol... I'll just take your word). That is quite interesting.

... I still want my own hologram TV, though... I still believe it's a gimmick (I'm not easily impressed by technology), but THAT'S a damn-cool gimmick at that. And definitely a step in the direction to make something beyond a simple gimmick that's unnecessary.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads