Been wonderin' where you've been.
Interesting news indeed. Wonder how Tezuka will handle the position and if new (good) IPs will indeed surface overtime.
I know I haven't posted on here for a long time but I thought this is big new, now I don't know where to post this but Mr. Miyamoto might be stepping down in December.
Via ZeldaInformerAccording to a NeoGAF source by the name of Shikamaru Ninja, it seems that the one and only designer extraordinaire, Shigeru Miyamoto, expects to leave his position at Nintendo EAD division this December. It seems that it was problematic for Miyamoto that as EAD General Manager, he may be overshadowing content created by the new producers and directors at the division. This is a deep statement in the making, as it may instigate definite new directions for Nintendo’s larger scale games (new IPs are speculated out of this change). New Super Mario Bros. series producer and director Takashi Tezuka is rumored to take Miyamoto’s place.Here are all the presumed changes at Nintendo, which it seems the user has gathered from Wired, Guardian UK and and Nikkei:
- Major shift in Kyoto development sources involving three Research & Development buildings
- Shigeru Miyamoto stepping down as EAD General Manager
- Takashi Tezuka becoming new EAD General Manager
- New Groups / New Producers announced for EAD Kyoto / SPD Kyoto
- EAD Tokyo Expansion / Masahiro Sakurai possibly Joining EAD Tokyo
- New Division lead by Miyamoto with younger staff focused on smaller scale games
- Miyamoto’s Departure Inspiring New IPs for the EAD Kyoto Division