Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Updated with Metroid bit

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    But there are a few things I see when playing DOOM that makes me see the light. That light being what would make Metroid even more badass than it is already. No, I don`t want the Metroid series to turn into a total horror genre (But mad respect to Nintey if they were t do that.) But....
    Irony at it's fullest. Doom 3 is dark..... literally. Can't see shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodine
    2. Upgrade weapons and armor. No more of this "I lost my gun power ups so I need to find them all over again" shit

Maybe having a little shooter RPG element to the Metroid series would be a good thing. I'm putting that mildly. It would be freaking awesome. Being able to level up my Samus via experiance points rather than having her look for something she should already have would be fantastic. Before you call foul, I still would like to do some exploration for upgrades and stuff, say like something she didnt have in any of the other games. But going way out of my way cause I know something new for my suit is somewhere over there and it winds up being a freaking missle pack expansion... really? I should be able to just use experiance points to buy that.
    Then Metroid would loose much of it's purpose for exploration, making it into another corridor game.
    3. Choices and their reprecutions

I say we stick to the being alone aspect of Metroid, but at limited times there should be where you engage in being social at a point or two, maybe fnding a survivor of whatever the hell went down on a planet, or having to go to the Galactic Fed base for a brief moment as per mission. And in that, conversations should be open ended, allowing you to choose the best COA (Coarse of action). And your choice can affect things later on in the game.
    What do you have in mind for the choices? How would they affect anything ever?

Over the shoulder camera style, along with cover system. YES, I said it, cover system. I want cover system. It would only make sense. An expert bounty hunter like Samus doesn't seem like the type to stand around in a firefight only hoping she can dodge all incoming fire, like an amature.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSzCwFu1dYY

Based on everything you've said, it sounds like you want Metroid to become a cinematic Half Life with light RPG growth elements.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Imma rant about how Pokemon, mah favorite series, should be improved. ^_^

They need to ake the damn main series formula better. Yes, each main series game is different, but the general formula tends to stay the same for the most part:
    • Start as some random guy from a town with like 4 houses (exception is BW2; town has more houses)
    • Have a rival (BW has 2 at least)
    • Try to get all 8 gym badges to get to the elite four
    • Fight a villainous team
    • Beat the villainous team a bit before the elite four (Exception is BW)
    • Crapload of broken bridges
    • No plot except for said broken bridges and the villainous team

And etc. There's more, of course, but those are a lot of the big ones.

Here's how I think they could improve.

As to how to solve the gym problem, here's my proposal; make the gyms a sidequest in some games, and nonexistant in others. Let's face it, Gyms are too important to the Pokemon series to scrap completely. But I'm tired of the main goal of every single main series game to be "beat all 8 gyms, become the champion". I want another goal. Of course, there are multiple ways to go about this. For one, we could kill two Pidgey's with one stone and just give the games a good plot. Maybe have another villainous team, but make them more interesting for the most part. Have them be like threatening the region or something, and make them more involved in the plot. It could be different for some of the games, of course. Maybe in some games you're trying to capture all the legendaries so you can get access to an ancient castle, and another guy is competing with you. Maybe in one game you're a ship captain, and you have to sail the seas while trying to stop an alien from taking over the world. The options are endless, really. I stand by my opinion that Pokemon needs to have at least one game with a really, really good plot. After all, it is an RPG series.

The gameplay of the main series games I find to be really good, I think they can keep this style for the most part. But I'd like to see a game with 3D gameplay, similar to Kingdom Hearts, Xenoblade, etc. Xenoblade is the only "3D RPG" I've played (dunno if there's a better term for it), and it was wonderful. Big world, great plot.....a bigger world is another thing I think Pokemon could use. The routes and cities in Pokemon are too small in my opinion, especially the cities. Some of them literally consist of like four houses. I want to be able to explore a really big, beautiful world. Xenoblade like gameplay would also be fun. It would be more fast paced and stuff. While the normal gameplay is fine, I would love a few games with this style of gameplay, it would be great.

Another thing is the overreliance of making new Pokemon. Here's a disclaimer; I love new Pokemon. Generation 5 is one of my favorites. But the fact is, eventually they'll make enough generations where it will just be stupid. I personally think 6 is the perfect generation to stop with, and if not, then 7 for sure. I don't think I would even play a game after a generation 7. I think that new Pokemon are pretty cool, but the way to go about introducing them, in my opinion, is to introduce a maximum of like 10 per game. Probably less. Maybe they'd introduce a main series game that added like 6 normal Pokemon and 1 legendary. It wouldn't be overkill, and it would be sorta cool. I think GF is most likely to make a generation 6, but after that, I hope they do it that way. And instead of them just adding new Pokemon and a new region for main series games, I say that like I said before, they make a good plot. New regions could be added, of course, but each one would have a different plot.

As for the side series....Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, etc.....I dunno, I don't have a lot of complaints. Mystery Dungeon is great, Ranger is okay, I liked Conquest.....I think the main series, although arguably the best Pokemon games, are the ones that need the most improving.

Also, f-cking nerf Stealth Rock.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 11-11-2012 at 04:48 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Yes, each main series game is different
    Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid
    The gameplay of the main series games I find to be really good, I think they can keep this style for the most part. But I'd like to see a game with 3D gameplay, similar to Kingdom Hearts, Xenoblade, etc. Xenoblade is the only "3D RPG" I've played (dunno if there's a better term for it), and it was wonderful. Big world, great plot.....a bigger world is another thing I think Pokemon could use. The routes and cities in Pokemon are too small in my opinion, especially the cities. Some of them literally consist of like four houses. I want to be able to explore a really big, beautiful world. Xenoblade like gameplay would also be fun. It would be more fast paced and stuff. While the normal gameplay is fine, I would love a few games with this style of gameplay, it would be great.
    I starting to feel bad about introducing you to Xenoblade. The damn game spoiled you.

Get used to that feeling. I've been living with it since I tried 'gears. If this is such a big deal to you, maybe you've simply outgrown the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid
    I think that new Pokemon are pretty cool, but the way to go about introducing them, in my opinion, is to introduce a maximum of like 10 per game. Probably less. Maybe they'd introduce a main series game that added like 6 normal Pokemon and 1 legendary. It wouldn't be overkill, andit would be sorta cool. I think GF is most likely to make a generation 6, but after that, I hope they do it that way. And instead of them just adding new Pokemon and a new region for main series games, I say that like I said before, they make a good plot. New regions could be added, of course, but each one would have a different plot.
    That sounds like it might work better than the current formula.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Not really.
    -New Mons
    -New mechanics
    -New story

Blah blah blah, they're all different (except for the game counterparts), but the formula is too similar in each one.

I starting to feel bad about introducing you to Xenoblade. The damn game spoiled you.

Get used to that feeling. I've been living with it since I tried 'gears. If this is such a big deal to you, maybe you've simply outgrown the games.
    Xenoblade was one of the best games I've ever played, I'd like to see a 'Mons game with such quality. Which is totally possible, to be honest.

Outgrown? LOLNO. I still enjoy my 'Mons a lot, I just think they could improve a significant amount.

That sounds like it might work better than the current formula.
    Yup yup

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Xenoblade was one of the best games I've ever played, I'd like to see a 'Mons game with such quality. Which is totally possible, to be honest.
    We've already been through this. Takahashi should never approach Pokemon's plot. Terrible things would happen.

But I agree with the rest of the parts like gameplay and exploration.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    We've already been through this. Takahashi should never approach Pokemon's plot. Terrible things would happen.
    Such as...?

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Takahashi is to video games as Stanley Kubrick is to cinematography. Kubrick should not get near MLP. Takahashi should not work on Pokemon.

If you don't understand, tell me how Pokemon could ever go along with this.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I just said that I think Pokemon should get at least one game with a really good plot, I never mentioned Takahashi. :P

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Alright, I see what you mean. I forgot you haven't played many story based games, so I assumed you were specifically wanting a really complex plot.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads