LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 158 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1576
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I got one Jan 20. After waiting for 6 hours. Def worth it!

Member #
    Friends
    i got mine last friday at gamestop, just walked in and they had one =]

Member #
    Friends
    1st post-Got mine for Christmas, bought TW Golf '08-I love it. I have not been a large gamer in the past (NES-PS1), but the Wii is the coolest thing ever.

Member #
    Friends
    I just got mine on Christmas a month ago.

Love it.

Member #
    Friends
    4221-9039-0966-9591
    For about a year, I'd been hearing about the Nintendo Wii and it sounded pretty neat--like a console that I might actually consider buying. Something I could enjoy along with my wife and 4 year old, even.

I hadn't actually played one, nor shopped around for them, though.

At Christmas, I was at my sister's house, and she and her husband had purchased a Wii for their 8 year old son (and the whole family). I got to play it, as did my wife, daughter, parents, aunt, etc. After that I knew I wanted one! The only thing we played was the bowling, but it was *SO* much fun.

I've been checking wiitracker.com pretty much every day for the last couple weeks (since coming back to work after a two week holiday break/vacation), and for the most part there were *never* any available anywhere. Occasionally a "bundle" would show up, but that included a bunch of games I might not want, plus it was usually at least $400 and sometimes as much as $600 - $700. The console alone is $250.

Yesterday, there was finally some action on a $250 unit. Sears (sears.com) had it in stock...then out of stock...back in stock...back out of stock....in..out...etc. I didn't manage to get one.

But last week I was on my way to my barbershop to get a haircut and stopped into the EB Games that's a couple doors down. To my surprise, he said that occasionally they *did* get Wiis in stock, and had even had some just a few days earlier. So I called Monday, Tuesday, and today. Today he said they had one (said he had more than one, in fact). He said they couldn't hold it. So I raced out of my office and to my car. Drove over there as quickly, yet as safely, as I could. They still had one! It is here in my office now! (Couldn't leave it out in the cold car!)

I didn't get the extra controller or numchuks, or anything else--so there'll still be an additional expense, I suppose.--but I'm SO excited! Not only can I enjoy the Wii, but now I can stop trying to get one which was a bit of a hassle!

Member #
    Friends

Today

I got ours today and a new tv to go with it. My wife one one on ebay and the guy end up being just 1 houyr away so we drove and got it.. Having a blast

Member #
    Friends
    7900-5815-1644-7596
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnlong
    I got ours today and a new tv to go with it. My wife one one on ebay and the guy end up being just 1 houyr away so we drove and got it.. Having a blast
    Awesome dude, hope you have fun with your Wii
    Wii Games Owned-
    Carnival Games, Nights-Journey of Dreams, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, MySims, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Super Paper Mario
    PC-HP Pavillion a1710n, 2GB RAM, 297GB Memory

Member #
    Friends

Got 2nd Wii today

After going to best buy today to get a new laptop, I left with a new laptop and my 2nd wii today. decided to get one for the upstairs t.v. instead of unhooking it all the time to play upstairs or downstairs.
    Wii have games I Have.
    Zelda T.P.- Petz Dogz2 & Catz2 -The Simpsons game- Wii Play - Meet The Robinsons - DragonBall Z 2 - Super Mario Galaxy - Medal of Honor Vanguard - Sonic and the Secret Rings

Member #
    Friends
    After hunting the whole of last weekend, I managed to hold of one in GameStation last Monday. They'd had a delivery of ten that morning, and I managed to get hold of their last one in the evening.

I've never really been a Nintendo person in the past but the Wii really does knock the other consoles for six, IMHO. Never have I had so much fun playing a game. Nor have a felt so involved (just take Wii Boxing - you can't help feeling "inside" the game. Thus far I've bought Tiger Woods 08 (great game but the graphics aren't that fantastic - that's my only criticism of the Wii; its graphics). Next up, I plan on getting hold of PES 2008, Mario Kart Wii, some sort of baseball game, a boxing game, Top Spin Tennis 3 and maybe Lego Star Wars.

Member #
    Friends
    7900-5815-1644-7596
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald
    After hunting the whole of last weekend, I managed to hold of one in GameStation last Monday. They'd had a delivery of ten that morning, and I managed to get hold of their last one in the evening.

I've never really been a Nintendo person in the past but the Wii really does knock the other consoles for six, IMHO. Never have I had so much fun playing a game. Nor have a felt so involved (just take Wii Boxing - you can't help feeling "inside" the game. Thus far I've bought Tiger Woods 08 (great game but the graphics aren't that fantastic - that's my only criticism of the Wii; its graphics). Next up, I plan on getting hold of PES 2008, Mario Kart Wii, some sort of baseball game, a boxing game, Top Spin Tennis 3 and maybe Lego Star Wars.

Congratz on the Wii purchase, hoe you have fun!!
    Wii Games Owned-
    Carnival Games, Nights-Journey of Dreams, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, MySims, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Super Paper Mario
    PC-HP Pavillion a1710n, 2GB RAM, 297GB Memory

Ads