LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 158 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well, I gave in and bought one on eBay for $419.00.

Comes with free overnight shipping.

|Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Hi, i'm new.

I got a wii at precisely 8:20am on launch day @ Target. I camped out for 15 hours in total and bought my coveted wii system extra controller & nunchuck (gotta get those nunchuck skillz) and copy of zelda.

before me

thanks all

Member #
    Friends
    Got mine this morning by pure chance at Wal-Mart in Winnipeg. I was at EB after waiting for a few hours before they opened. Their shipment came in and they had received 4 PS3s but no Wiis. Grabbed a nunchuck that had come in so I wouldn't have to hunt for one when I finally did get my console. The guy that was behind me in line had gone to check Wal-Mart just for the heck of it. He came back to EB (I had stayed to browse) and told me that Wal-Mart had gotten a shipment in and that I might get one if I hurried. So, I broke land speed records getting over there (and almost got run over in the process) and managed to get one of 3 that they had. Picked up a VC controller too. The remotes seem to be sold out everywhere though.

If the guy that tipped me off happens to read this, I could kiss....erm well, maybe not. But I truly do owe you a ton of thanks. I've been unhealthily obsessing about getting one of these things and can finally stop, thanks to you!

Hehe..as I type this, my wife is in the other room with the Wii, making Miis and cackling! :-)

|Losing Faith Nintendo| LyricistSoldier's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    welcome to the club mate

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks! It's like a huge freaking weight....okay....a 10 pound box...has been lifted off my shoulders. Now the (massively less stressful) hunt for a second remote begins.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mackiain
    Ya my buddy was freakin out cause hes been missing out on his chances to get a Wii from older parents buyin em and hiding them in the closet until christmas time. If they dont need one till christmas they should wait, not buy em and stash em and tease all the other kids who wanna play right away.
    Well tell your buddy if people's parents (who weren't gonna give it to there kids till christmas) didnt buy wii's early and waited for christmas they wouldnt get one at all.

And I to got a wii but i only had to wait outside of toysrus for 4hours (lucky me) lol :-)

Member #
    Friends
    4103-2900-3267-1697
    I got mine this past Sunday at Toys R Us. I started camping outside at midnight Saturday, I was 2nd in line. Got an extra Wiimote and Nunchuck, and $20 off Marvel Ultimate Alliance

I've been going crazy trying to find one the past month (came within 4 people ahead of me in line twice), glad it's over and now I can just enjoy it.

The store had 36 and it wasn't till about 6am that the line was big enough for them all to be accounted for, apparently EVERYONE was at Best Buy, even though they only had about 18.

Toys R Us seems to be the place to go, whenever I've heard of stores having big numbers, it's been Toys R Us. Couple weeks ago Circuit City and Best Buy had numbers in the teens, Toys R Us had 50.

Member #
    Friends
    my toys r us at 6 last time... or so they told me, but they ended up with 12.... and I could have gotten one then.. but no i listened to those stupid people.

Proud Wii Owner JamisonWorkshop's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1660-1910-6703-7404
    Get my first post in here. Got mine on Ebay after getting shut out in the lines.

Got to play last night for a bit. Definitly met my expectations.
    Been out of the gaming realm for a while, a little more interaction is just what I needed to get back into it.

Came with Zelda. will be playing that for a while I am sure.

Lets see what Nintendo has up their sleeve in the coming year.

Member #
    Friends
    My friend waited for me, since I could not wait, in line on Dec. 16th waiting for the Wii on the Dec 17th shipment. And he was first in line, and the person who waited for me was second. And the GameStop had eight of them, so I was so happy when I finally, after million tries, got a Wii!

Oh and I found out that those shipment had the newer version of wirst straps.

Finally, I got my Wii!!

Current Games Own for Wii: LoZ:TP, ExcTruck, SuperMBBB, and Wii Sports!

Ads