LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I got it!

Finally, I got the Wii. I was actually very lucky. I called the local EB Games (Chicago, Illinois, U.S.) asking when they would get more Wiis. To my surprise, the clerk said that there is one in stock currently. My mother drove me there in 10 minutes and I got the Wii!!!!!! I am so happy. The only thing that frustrates me is that I can not get the internet to work . Do you think it'll help if I switch the router to channel 1 or channel 11? That's what www.support.nintendo.com said and my step-dad says that is weird. Please help me!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I got my Wii at Target (Pittsburgh, Pa). I arrived at 4am and waited till 8am. It wasn't so bad, except for having juvenile diabetes and standing out in the cold for that long. I brought extra sugar just in case my levels crashed. Luckily, they didn't and everything went great. I also met some guy who built his own MAME arcade machine. Cool.

Member #
    Friends
    Finally got another wii after stupidly selling my first one. I'm actually posting from it right now via the internet channel on my wii! Anybody know if they will launch a keyboard, since this is pretty slow process and it could be useful for online play
    Last edited by tybrones87; 01-22-2007 at 11:09 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by EK987
    Finally, I got the Wii. I was actually very lucky. I called the local EB Games (Chicago, Illinois, U.S.) asking when they would get more Wiis. To my surprise, the clerk said that there is one in stock currently. My mother drove me there in 10 minutes and I got the Wii!!!!!! I am so happy. The only thing that frustrates me is that I can not get the internet to work . Do you think it'll help if I switch the router to channel 1 or channel 11? That's what www.support.nintendo.com said and my step-dad says that is weird. Please help me!

I actually had to buy a new router since mine was one of the ones that doesn't work with it according to Nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    I got mine this weekend during the 3rd launch in the States here. I stood in line in front of a Circuit City for a couple of hours before they opened. They got 12 in and 12 were sold before they opened the door. Iím just lucky I was one of the twelve.

Member #
    Friends
    2160-1107-6480-1603
    YES we found a Wii, I got a Walmart employee to sell me one even though they were not supposed to. She was the one that made the mistake of telling me that they had them. Then the store manager told me that everything in the store is for sale, and if they say that they have one they HAVE to sell it.. LOL!!!

Kids are loving it. Dh and I are having fun with it. We have decided that several nights a week when he doesnt have school work to do we will do a date night after the kids have gone to bed. We can play tennis, Golf, or Bowling. Its a blast. We can even doing boxing if we are in a frustrated mood and need to beat each other up LOL!!..

Member #
    Friends
    This is my first post here so I thought I would give my story about how I got one. My parents tried and tried getting me one before Christmas, with no luck, so they told me as soon as I can find one anywhere I can get it. I call everywhere around every night, then on January 8th I was sick from school, so I decided to call everywhere around 2:00 PM. I called an EB Games about 45 minutes from here in Steubenville,Ohio because I saw the number on the EB site so I thought I'd try just for the hell of it. The guy tells me quietly that he has one and I start shaking. I ask "Could you PLEASE hold that for like 30 minutes??" He suprisingly says "Yeah, it's in the back". Needless to say I flew over there as fast as I could with my mom's debit card. I got lost once and the awesome guy at EB gave me directions and I finally got there. I walked in and about 5 people were b*tching and yelling at the guy because he promised the last Wii he had to someone already. I walk by the counter and give him a wink and he walks to the back with me to his side. He gives it to me, along with Zelda, and he handed the Wii and game to a security guard in the back who walked it to my car with me. It was an awesome feeling.

wii chat's chakat! chakat assasain!'s Avatar
    Member #
    look up past the moon, you will see chakona ;)
    Friends
    2843-2333-6623-2881
    well... took me awhile but...

I woke up at 5:00 AM then went to EB games with some tim hortons food to keep me awake, 3 hours of complete bordome later a dilevery man walked by and knocked on the door to EB games, he was gonna leave until I came up and told him they were there, they were just in the back and coulden't see or hear him... he said he would come back at 10:00 AM when everything was open. at 8:00 AM I went into bulk barn that was next to it and got a stewarts fountain classics , then at 10:00 AM EB games opened, there were only two people in line for the wii, me and some randome person , we hoped for two in, and when the delivery man came he had two playstation 3's.... AND TWO WII'S!!!! we both got our wii's and now, I am a proud owner of a nintendo wii! and the thing that made everything even BETTER was that I got D-link wireless internet in 2005, so now I have the wii and internet! .
    gah! I can't find a signature!
    my wii register code is 2843-2333-6623-2881, add me to your register! my nickname is tenakakhan.

reputation with games:
    microsoft/xbox's:0!!!!
    sony/playstation's:10 (Dance dance revolution)
    nintendo:1000000000000000000(YAY!!!! GO NINTENDO!!)

Member #
    Friends
    did'nt this already get posted and yes i have this is wii chat so wouldn't evey body have it thogh, and another thing...

Member #
    Friends
    just got the wii, got the last one is walmart
    i got back from school and called walmart (south setauket, long island, new york)
    apparantly they had a shipment 4 hours ago and had 2 left
    i hurried there with my mom and got the last one

Ads