Page 96 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I gots one to.

Member #
    Friends
    So. I thought you could just go out to Best Buy and toss money at them and buy a Wii. You know what? That's not the case.

We tried them, Target, EB, Gamestop and so on until coming to the sad realization that ther's was apparently still a shortage of them. I was pretty shocked, not having heard of that since Xmas.

Anyway, we found that Target would have them in stock the next day, Sunday, May 26, 2007. We got up early, got a bite at Starbucks and rolled on down. We got there 15 minutes early due to bad time management and found about 20 people in line already.

Turns out it was okay, since the manager came out 5 minutes before opening and said they had more in stock than there were people in line. It was a pretty rehearsed speech, too, leading us to believe that she did it every single day.

So she let us all in a few minutes before the store opened and led us back to the counter like a bunch of 3rd graders going to art class, which was pretty funny. We got the box, an extra controller, some gloves and a few games chosen largely at random. I figured, who cares, we've been talking about a console for months and have more money than time so why not stock up?

I gotta tell you, I've been gaming since the very first Space Invaders showed up at the roller skating rink in my hometown in the 70s. I saw trackballs show up, then some crappy home consoles with overlays that you had to tape on your TV to play. Then finally computers came of age and there were games, and it was a good thing. My first computer was a 266. I'm running a Falcon Mach V right now.

Short version: I've been gaming for a long time.

The Wii is probably the best, freshest thing I've seen since that first Space Invaders game, this thing just rocks.

Our next step is to get Comcast of their lazy arses and make them plug fiber into the back of it...can't wait.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    ZOMG I GOTS A WII!!

it is cool to play gamecube games on

Member #
    Friends
    Very happy for you, Diomedes.

Member #
    Friends
    I got a Wii 2 days ago. It was about 360 US$. It came with the Wii, 2 Wiimotes and Nunchucks, it was chipped, came with Wii Play and also 2 of those rechargeable battery pack things.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Yeah, im very cool

waiting4[SSBbrawl] mostlyspoons19's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0730-7579-9669-5500
    hey i got a wii too!!

wanna check out a cool site with everything nintendo related? tired of wiichataboutballs?

head over to W W W . N I N T E N G A M E R S . C O M

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Fine i will, later

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes
    Yeah, im very cool
    Congrats on your Wii, but this is another story entirely.

Member #
    Friends
    I got a Wii yeasturday... Here's my story... At Christmas of 2006 (the last Christmas) My brother and I got a very small package. Inside was a note. It had a picture of the Nintendo Wii... And the words: "Wii - sold out. Will buy when it is in stock." My brother and I were quite pleased... For a very long time there were no Wiis in stalk. What made it even worse was we could only get it from future shop... Because my mom had a 300$ Future Shop Card... It was the only way she could pay for it. Month after month we waited. I complained a few times, but eventually, we basically forgot. Then, I remembered about the Wii. And for two days in a row I checked the future shop website. The second day I checked, I then called. They said they didn't have any.. And that they might have some on monday, or sometime that week. I forgto about it the next day. About 2 weeks later, on June 9th (yesturday) I just thought I should call in. To my surprise, they had 3. I had to wait for my mother to get ready of course (women) When we got there we talked to the people, and they went in the supply closet to get them... There were still 3 left So I bought one!

Ads