+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: price yet?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    From the article above, makes a very interesting case:
    Q4 2006:
    The Wii may be less cash than either of the other systems, but let's take a closer look at what may in fact happen at Christmas this year. We've got a system debuting for $599.99, and one that is already out at the price of $299.99 and $399.99. Since Microsoft can rely on awesome software rather than dealing with a hardware launch, it has the upper hand right now. If fact, if Nintendo was in this position we'd be seeing a price drop to combat the new systems. Microsoft isn't stupid. I personally expect a drop of up to $100 ($50 is more likely, but Microsoft will be going for a TKO at Christmas) for each bundle starting mid-November. If I'm right (and I'll put money on this at this point), that would put the numbers in a far more interesting set-up should Nintendo launch at $249.99:

Worst-case Scenario:
    Xbox 360 Standard Pack: Drops to $199.99 ($100 drop)
    Xbox 260 Premium Pack: Drops to $299.99 ($100 drop)
    Nintendo Wii: Launch at $249.99
    Sony PS3 small HD: $499.99
    Sony PS3 big HD: $599.99

All of a sudden, there's a huge issue. Nintendo launches at $249.99, but Microsoft drops their cheaper bundle at a price that's LOWER than the mainstream system Nintendo is pushing. All of a sudden, Wii isn't the mainstream system in terms of pricing. With the strategy it is pushing, Nintendo should NEVER sell a system at a higher price than either Microsoft or PS3. If it does, it is simply a technically weaker system with a different controller and no HD support.

Nintendo won't win this battle by simply being different. It has to be a combination of innovation, broad scale marketing and amazingly competitive price points.

$249.99 can't happen.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah if the Wii is $249 and Microsoft drops the 360 by $100 that would be bad for Nintendo. So I think we will see the Wii for $199 or less.
    Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

Member #
    Friends
    even a $50 drop (much more likely, though not figured in for the article) by microsoft would hurt the wii considerably

Member #
    Friends
    i have posted this on another topic, but it has been moved/ deleted by some1.. no bad, anyway heres a link to the bbc website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5016838.stm where it is comfirmed price of $250 or 133

Member #
    Friends
    it says that it will be 250 or lower, read the next two words. Either way it will either be 200 or 150USD. 200 would be better than 150 just because of what your getting.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The true Link
    hmm who would like 2 convert $ in to for me im no good at this exchange rate
    if you want top change from $- or -$

go to http://www.xe.com they update exchange rates constantly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads