lmao, exaggerated, but true...
Alot of people are trying to get the Nintendo Wii and find it very much impossible, apart from e-bay. Now, the only reason we can't get one is because every wanker on e-bay goes and buys about 30 or 40 of them and sells them on e-bay. Because YOUR the ****ing reason there aren't any left. Just take one and leave some for everybody else your greedy c**** and stick to your job. You make everybody else pay twice as much which is totally unnecessary.
lmao, exaggerated, but true...
NOT AT ALL. Some guy I read said he bought 35, and I had a right go at him.
Wow.. I take that back then.. haha
Merry Christmas and may you all find a Wii.
I have no problem with scalpers if stores only sell one unit per customer - I think that's pretty fair in a capitalist society. They beat you to the store and they reap the profits. Now, it isn't good business to sell more than 1 or 2 per customer. Otherwise, the first guy in line buys every one to sell on ebay and the rest of your customers are angry because your business practices cater to a small number of individuals.
Most places in the US are selling just one per person, and I think it's fair when "anything goes" within such boundaries. Because Best Buy handled the sales in a very fair and professional manner, my opinion of them has improved and I plan to go there for the rest of my games and asked for Best Buy gift cards for X-Mas.
Scalping is fine by me as well if stores only sell one per customer. If that's the case then it's a win-win situation. The scalper sells his Wii to a happy customer and the scalper makes some cash.
There all on ebay...
I waited at a circuit city one time and i was number 25. I was pretty sue i could get one, but then i saw someone leave with five of them and 3 people sold there tickets. They only had 20. The guy said they were shipped here by accidenty and he was taking them to another store... total BS. But i waited at walmart for 2 hours, 45 minutes and got two
1) Which retail store will let you buy 30 or 40? None. One isolated incident of someone buying 35 doesn't mean everyone on ebay did the same thing. Look at the seller's other items. 95% of the time the seller has only 1 Wii. The other 5% have anywhere from 2-5. That's hardly 30 or 40.Originally Posted by Shantei
2) Ebayers aren't the reason that you can't find a Wii. It's called supply and demand. If the ebayers wouldn't have bought the console, I guarantee you somebody else would've.
3) Again, it's called supply and demand. Look at any business in the WORLD: what do they exist for? To create profit. Someone selling a Wii on ebay is the exact same thing, so in a sense they are sticking to their jobs- BRINGING HOME BACON.
Seriously, this debate is old and worn-out. The bottom line is this:
These people did the exact same thing as everyone else to obtain their Wiis. They stood in line or did the dirty work tracking down shipments. You as a member of WiiChat have access to the exact same tools as everyone on ebay. Why don't you have a console? You didn't work to obtain it. Ebayers did. If you don't think that their time is worth the $250 extra, DO IT YOURSELF.
The reason I hate them RIGHT NOW is because well there is probably some kid or someone who wanted a wii for X-mas and because of the ebayer now has nothing
WiiOwner since June 2007. SSBB Fan Forever.
Forgotten but always remembered... o_O