LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I kind of half explained mine in another thread. But anyway, I pre-order about 6 weeks before. Start ringing up the week before asking about it. Get told I'm number 68, and they are only getting 50. So I'm really gutted, next day (the day before launch) at 10pm, I get a call saying "COME AND COLLECT YOU LUCKY GUY YOU!". So next day, my and my friend (who was number 67) are all giddy and excited on the way there, we get there and all we get are HMV workers breathing in through the teeth going "Hmmm... yeah, about that... sorry, hmmm... yeah", so I ask what the problem is and they say "Well, the delivery seems to have vanished out of thin air and they are no Wiis sorry, you'll have to wait until next week". I ring up next day asking when they are coming in and they say "They came in today, come and collect it". But all giddiness and excitement was gone, I was still happy that I got a Wii, but the 8th was supposed to be the day I got my Wii, the next day collecting just felt a little shallow. But the Wii has erased that terrible memory, oh the power of the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    I was waiting at Best Buy, then I jumped through the brick wall and wound up in minus world.

Member #
    Friends
    oops, wrong quote

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by coolg35748
    Tacos that is spam.

Thanks, I thought it was cool too. What is spam?

Member #
    Friends
    0888-3475-6097-0013
    I live in Venezuela ( latin america ) and I knew it was not going to be easy to get a console online during launch day. So, I decided to ask one of the many people I've met in World of Warcraft. I asked one of my guild mates to go and get me a console on launch day, he said no problem ( I helped him a lot in-game, so we became really good buddies )

He called his friend that works in a TRUS to see how many they were getting, 150 he said. So he got there, did a 4 hours line, and got one. Total was $267 with taxes. He got home and messaged me "I got your wii".

I gave him my courier address in miami, he shipped it overnight. Arrived to my courier on the 21th, and I got it a week later here at home. I sent a check for $400, $267 the console, $33 the shipping and $100 as a gift for his trouble.

When he received the check, needless to say he was very surprised and happy

Love the wii, one fine piece of hardware

[ Wii-Code ] 0888-3475-6097-0013
    [ Wii Username ] Nino
    [ Note ] Send a pm in any of my messengers to exchange wii-codes
    [ MSC FC ] 472556 593595

Member #
    Friends
    4910-3433-7867-8297
    I went to New York not even knowing they got 2,500 Wii's shiped to ToysRus and I stood in line for three hours but it wasn't that bad. The time went by pretty fast.

Member #
    Friends
    6190-8629-4704-5295
    Walmart only had 10 systems so I left the house around 6:45 and I arrived at Walmart a little after 7 where a line of 8 was already formed. I get in line as #9 and #10 arrived just seconds after I did. For the next hour, I listened to two soccer moms in front of me talking about their kids and how they wanted a PS3 but they were like "I was like, NO WAY! That thing cost too much!...so they decided to go with the Wii" and the dude in front of the line (maybe 15-16 years old) wouldn't shut up about Zelda and he kept giving parents in line information about the Wii that was totally wrong but I said nothing.

They handed out the 10 tickets about 15-20 minutes before sell time. Only a few extra people showed up hoping to get a Wii..including one woman who got pretty rude about the whole thing. Saying stuff like "They told me that were going to sell them at 8 and I'm here at 8! They should mean what they say!". Funny moment after that when the soccer moms looked back at me and totally rolled their eyes at the woman lol. The saleswoman finally rolled out from the back with the Wiis and the line surely shrank down to #9 and I bought my Wii!

The End.

Member #
    Friends
    6190-8629-4704-5295
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma
    I live in Venezuela ( latin america ) and I knew it was not going to be easy to get a console online during launch day. So, I decided to ask one of the many people I've met in World of Warcraft. I asked one of my guild mates to go and get me a console on launch day, he said no problem ( I helped him a lot in-game, so we became really good buddies )

He called his friend that works in a TRUS to see how many they were getting, 150 he said. So he got there, did a 4 hours line, and got one. Total was $267 with taxes. He got home and messaged me "I got your wii".

I gave him my courier address in miami, he shipped it overnight. Arrived to my courier on the 21th, and I got it a week later here at home. I sent a check for $400, $267 the console, $33 the shipping and $100 as a gift for his trouble.

When he received the check, needless to say he was very surprised and happy

Love the wii, one fine piece of hardware
    btw, that's a pretty awesome story! I'm just now getting into the World of Warcraft myself. Fun game

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacos
    Thanks, I thought it was cool too. What is spam?

spam is a post that has no meaning to the topic and is quite annoying.

like this topic for example is about the launch and how it went for you. not your Wii number or anything else.

and is a meat thing you can buy.

and how could a place lose the shipment??
    I might contradict myself but atleast i don't contradict myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links