LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165

My GREAT Wii Experience (bought it on Launchday)

Hi,

I might be a very lucky guy . As this Saturday I decided to go one hour earlier to the supermarket, hoping that I might find a Wii (here in Spain the launchday was the 9th, because the 8th is a holiday). Guess what, it seemed that because of the holidays they are open at 9 a.m. and not 10 a.m.
    And the best of all, I was ALONE. So at 9 a.m. I entered and Asked the salesman for a Wii, he said he would get me one from the the backstore….. So 5 minutes later they gave me the FIRST Wii they sold in that store (Carrefour)…. Mmmhhh, althought there was no Picture taken …. I was VERY Happy to get my Wii.
    Just two weeks ago I heared about the Wii, and saw a DVDDemo, which came with a Magazine…. And now I have my Wii.

Well I decided to test it, and put it back until X-mass day… Well I have been a bad boy … as I didn´t put it back… I played the whole weekend with my daughter (4,5 Years old) Guess what? SHE BEATS me everytime with the bowling… … (and I really try, I do)….

Ok, after telling you my lucky “buying” experience I am going to tell you my Wii experience.

My first impression was that the Wii is sooooooo small…. Just a little bit bigger than an external DVD-Drive. And everything is of very good quality.
    Ok, so I put the Wii in vertical position. Entered the DVD, and…. Tick…tick….tick…. it started to m ake noises and stopped. Showed me a message, telling me to shut the Wii and read the manual… So I decided to put horizontal… and voila… no problems anymore….
    The quality of the screen is great and the sound fantastic. Ok, it isn´t 5.1 or 7.1 (which is PS3), but who the hell has 7.1 boxes to play a game???? Most of the people don´t even have 5.1….
    The game Wii Sports came in a DVD box (white color). I believe in the USA it didn´t game in a box… lucky us Europeans….. The five games are fun to play. Golf is the most tricky one, but after playing for a while you get the feeling. Bowling is just great, because you can play it with the whole family. And yes, I have some musles aches for playing too much tennis!

What I liked about the Wii that it sometimes advices you to have a break…. Which I believe is great!!! Also making the Mii is just fun… my daughter and I have been creating the whole family, friends, neighbours,…… We made about 20-30 Mii….
    I haven´t tried the Internet as I am still waiting for my conection. I hope to have it in one week…

Now for my X-mass I will ask Santa the WiiPlay + extra Nunchaku (name here in Spain).

If anybody is thinking of getting a Wii, I can recommend it to you. Especially if you want to play together with the family…. If you want great GFX, just wait for the PS3 or buy a Xbox360.
    For me the Wii experience has been a 100%. I could even say 110%. I thought I would get bored playing the games after a couple of hours. But the possibility in getting higher ranks kept me coming back…..

Now I can´t wait to get my hands on Call Of Duty 3, which will be for me only….. not my daughter…..

The negative side of the Wii is...... euuuuuhhhh.... HEY this isn´t a PS3.... so orry,... no negative side.... (yet, and hopefully never)... hihihihi

Well I hope everybody has had the same luck as I had….

Great work Nintendo!!!!!! You really rocked the Gamingworld!!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Although I didn't get my Wii as easily as you did. (I waited 3 hours in the blastering cold) In a line of about 100 people at Toy R Us.

I would say that my Wii experience has been good as well!
    "To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."

quote by Confucious

Member #
    Friends
    2887-2716-7925-0177
    Hehe... I just walked in, got my Wii and games and walkd out. Az is such an ezyh place if u preordered but its even ezy to do that. I preordered at my local gametraders 2 days b4 the release and git on release!
    I can't choose between my Sigs! Hehe.

This Signature was made by Dan99iel
    We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

Pokemon Diamond Code: 0645 2500 2837
    Name: Daniel (Keepin it simple)

Banned ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8263-8201-5467-9061
    Great post mate!

Ads