LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    Do you people have any brains what so ever. I'm saying that the Wii doesn't have the best graphics out of the new consoles, but that it has beautiful graphics.

What you are all saying is that because the Wii has less graphical power than the other two consoles, it's graphics are horrible. That is like saying that steak is better than ham, therefore, ham is horrible. No I don't know about you, but I love my ham. I just happen to love steak a little more.

Now, I took valuable minutes of my time to try and get you people using your brains, if you want to debate a point, put some thought behind it, don't just throw out words like 8 year olds.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDepths
    Do you people have any brains what so ever. I'm saying that the Wii doesn't have the best graphics out of the new consoles, but that it has beautiful graphics.

What you are all saying is that because the Wii has less graphical power than the other two consoles, it's graphics are horrible. That is like saying that steak is better than ham, therefore, ham is horrible. No I don't know about you, but I love my ham. I just happen to love steak a little more.

Now, I took valuable minutes of my time to try and get you people using your brains, if you want to debate a point, put some thought behind it, don't just throw out words like 8 year olds.
    Great post. I love my ham as well.
    Start making use of the Reputation system!!!

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...sive-info.html
    Mario Kart Friend Code: 536957-637076

Member #
    Friends
    to say that wii owners dont care about graphics there is alot of talk about it,why should u care what other people think aslong as u like it? and the graphics are about as same as the original xbox,and if u played games like splinter cell for xbox u know it has great graphics, i dunno if the wii can do better then the xbox 1, either way its still nice enough aslong as they use the systems potential

Member #
    Friends
    Pro's: The way you can play it.
    How much it cost.
    Awsome games.

Con's:Uses heeps of batteries.
    480 HD
    Not compatible with my netgear router

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDepths

How can you use "Wii" and "beautiful graphics" in the same sentence???
    I haven't seen such low-res textures since the days of PS2 and GameCube.
    Beautiful graphics in 2001, maybe. Not in 2006.

Wii graphics = Veggie burger
    PS3, Xbox 360 graphics = Filet Mignon

WiiChat Member Deathmetalmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    APPARENTLY no one likes to watch trailers or gameplay vids. The graphics for wii in COMPARISON to the other two consoles (PS3 and xbox 360) is bad. But by its self, the wii is capable of excellent graphics. Like many systems when they are first released, the wii suffers from launch syndrome. All of the games were rushed and the focus of the launch was to make MONEY. They did this by releasing a lot of titles whilst the zeal of the "new way to play" boosted sales of some of these utterly pitiful games. Many of nintendos top game designers have said that Zelda (being a game cube port) Is the MINIMUM of the systems capabilities. If you have seen vids for Sonic, you would understand. The graphics for that, Although not Playstation 3, are friggin wicked. Same thing with mario galaxy and SSBB.

all of the future games for the wii are gonna rock. The wii just released in america Early so it could compete in the console wars I guess.
    Death to false metal!

Hail Nintendo!

wii code: 6051-7035-5717-2964

User Name: Shinden

Member #
    Friends
    Whats all this about wii channels and stuff...
    Do you have to connect it to a phone line or somthing?!?!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066
    Couldnt have said it better myself. The controllers are overpriced, and the games are terrible. I feel that the wii will follow in the same footsteps as the gamecube and sell mostly kids games with a few games targeted towards adults.
    controllers are 40 not 60.

Member #
    Friends
    8250-6904-3974-1341
    Being not as powerful as PS3 and 360 isn't a major con. We all know when you compare the 3, the PS3 and 360 will come out on top, and if numbers are anything to believe the PS3 will come out above the 360 before long.
    The reason I don't see this as a con is because designers will make games for the Wii in 2 steps, first design a game to use the controller, second, give it a look that let's it compete with the other consoles. And the way to do this... style over power.
    At the moment in my entertainment room I have a PS2, Wii and 360. If you were to ask me which is the most technically stunning game graphically you have, I would answer Gears of War in a heartbeat. Ask me which is the most fun game I have, atm I would answer Raving Rabbids (Anygame that makes me laugh while playing is always fun). Ask me the game I personally think is the best looking, most eye pleasing and generally the best aesthetically and I would answer Shadows of Colossus.
    Shadow of Colossus, Ico, Okami, even FFXII to a degree will draw my attention for longer and more often than Gears of War. Don't get me wrong, Gears of War is stunning, at first. But after you've seen the so sharp it could make your eyes bleed textures it's quite ordinary. Shadow of Colossus on the other hand, even with it's blurred textures and jagged edges is breathtaking in parts. The game simply has more style than Gears of War and this is what keeps me.
    The Wii being graphically less powerful will hopefully kick the developers into thinking this way. Nintendo themselves already do, to a certain degree. Hopefully others will follow. Luckily most other developers see large numbers and think 'ooh, better graphics' and leave it at that. Giving us sharper versions of things we've already seen. Oddly enough, Sony seem to give us the style over power graphics on the PS2....

Another example of style winning over power, for me anyway, is in PC games. On my PC I can play most games at 1920x1200, max settings easily. And some look amazing. Out of all the games I play the one that still pleases me and makes me stop to simply enjoy the aesthetics is Final Fantasy XI. The resolution is poor, the textures are blurred but the amount of effort gone into every little detail to produce a style that works and works well is evident.
    Nintendo Wii. "A shiny plastic monolith of gaming goodness." - Ichiro Lambe, Dejobaan Games, LLC
    PM me if you add me so I can add you too...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads