LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    1) Noone forced customers into buying the bundle, I haven't even heard of anyone buying it until you said so.

2) You're just pissed that you bought the bundle intending to take the games back and found out you couldn't. Well if you actually did the research, you would have found out that wasn't going to work. The bundle is considered 1 item, not several items. Hence the term "bundle."

3) You are claiming wal-mart was scheming you....when you intended yourself to be sneaky and just return all the games from the bundle you didn't want so you got a preordered wii?

Quote Originally Posted by ftcmark
    I would consider buying a bundle with a couple games I didn't want, as long as I got the wii. It shouldn't make any difference to them though. You should be able to refund, good on ya for stickin it to the man.
    You don't find that a bit dickheadish to the people who actually wanted the bundle? It's bad enough familys are snatching up multiple wii's to resell.

Quote Originally Posted by savoirvivre
    Yea, the bundle idea is bad. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But the whole idea of some people waiting on line from 3am, store opening and then being shoved a bundle in your face is absurd.
    FYI, the bundle was purchased online, as he stated in his OP. "COM" meaning wal-mart.com. So noone was waiting in line and had the bundle forced on them.

Quote Originally Posted by casualgamer
    Since almost every WII owner had to buy a bundle, I suggest do a Google search and file an online complaint with your State Attorney General. ?
    Almost every wii owner? You do realize they hardly had any wii bundles for sale at all right? And you filed a complaint? Ya good luck with that considering Wal-Mart actually has it in there policy stated that anything bought as a bundle can only be returned as such.
    Last edited by vagrant; 12-12-2006 at 06:13 AM.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    The bundle deal is a lot of bullsh*t. It's not too big a prob in the UK/Scotland. I think game were making you buy it for 220 with Zelda. But I'm not 100% sure about how the US legal system works... I'm on my last year of my LLB here in Scotland (we have our own legal system). And to cut a long story short you can return any item undamaged any reason within 14 days - Sale of goods act blah blah.

BUT...

Often going through the motions to do this is not worth the cost. Basically the manager of your local store will know less about consumer rights than most customers - but will be brainwashed to the extent that he/she believes company policy IS law.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    You can return items to wal-mart perfectly fine. The only thing is, this is a BUNDLE purchased ONLINE. They aren't going to want you taking parts of the bundle and returning them. So in this case the "ITEM" is the bundle itself. Not the individual games that came with the bundle.

What if they had a bundle that was like $50 cheaper together than it would be with everything seperate? You could just buy it, and return the items seperately and make profit. Doesn't that seem a tad tarded?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    What you speak of here is ethics. Is it ethical for Walmart to sell you the bundle? No. Is it ridiculous to only offer a bundle full of crap-tastic games? Yes.

But is it legal? Yes.

The only way anyone is getting refunded is if the store handed them a ticket showing the Wii at $249.99 and then was forced to buy a bundle.

You knew exactly what you were buying, and you shouldn't get a refund for it. You could've waited for a Wii to show up in another store. From a business perspective, Walmart is just milking their Wii stock to actually turn a profit. Shady, I agree, but legal.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptenx
    What you speak of here is ethics. Is it ethical for Walmart to sell you the bundle? No. Is it ridiculous to only offer a bundle full of crap-tastic games? Yes.

But is it legal? Yes.

The only way anyone is getting refunded is if the store handed them a ticket showing the Wii at $249.99 and then was forced to buy a bundle.

You knew exactly what you were buying, and you shouldn't get a refund for it. You could've waited for a Wii to show up in another store. From a business perspective, Walmart is just milking their Wii stock to actually turn a profit. Shady, I agree, but legal.
    Once again, he bought the bundle online, not in store.

And how is it not ethical for wal-mart to sell bundles? Target, EbGames, Bestbuy, Amazon also sold/sell bundles. And as he said, they all have this same policy. It is common sense really.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Once again, he bought the bundle online, not in store.

And how is it not ethical for wal-mart to sell bundles? Target, EbGames, Bestbuy, Amazon also sold/sell bundles. And as he said, they all have this same policy. It is common sense really.
    I know he bought the bundle online, and he knew exactly what he was getting.

It's not ethical because you are turning away the consumers who may just want the console in favor of those who are going to purchase $400 extra in games and accessories. Consumers shouldn't be turned away from buying an item just because the retailer isn't going to make a profit on it.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptenx
    I know he bought the bundle online, and he knew exactly what he was getting.

It's not ethical because you are turning away the consumers who may just want the console in favor of those who are going to purchase $400 extra in games and accessories. Consumers shouldn't be turned away from buying an item just because the retailer isn't going to make a profit on it.
    You can buy the wii by itself. So how does that make sense?

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    When I buy a bundle all items are listed seperately. We have a decent system in place in the uk to stop retailers being assholes about everything...
    Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and Trading standards are two good organizations.
    The Sale of Goods Act is also a great peice of legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    What if they had a bundle that was like $50 cheaper together than it would be with everything seperate? You could just buy it, and return the items seperately and make profit. Doesn't that seem a tad tarded?
    Well how about he refunds the whole thing... Then sells the unit as one item.
    i.e. if you got a wii for 250$ and say a game at 40$ instead of 60$ in a bundle... = 290$...
    You would get a refund of (wait for it...) 40$! Cause that's what you paid above the cost of the other item...
    I thought that was obvious.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    When I buy a bundle all items are listed seperately. We have a decent system in place in the uk to stop retailers being assholes about everything...
    Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and Trading standards are two good organizations.
    The Sale of Goods Act is also a great peice of legislation.

Well how about he refunds the whole thing... Then sells the unit as one item.
    i.e. if you got a wii for 250$ and say a game at 40$ instead of 60$ in a bundle... = 290$...
    You would get a refund of (wait for it...) 40$! Cause that's what you paid above the cost of the other item...
    I thought that was obvious.
    Only he didn't day $20 more per game in the bundle, so that really doesn't apply.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    He didn't even say how much was the bundle. so it could apply? its just hypothetical anyway. in some stores like online, you can't just buy the system alone. Isn't it better to leave all avenues clear so the customer can make a choice of where to purchase? It's forcing people to camp out to get the system alone. And selling it onlines forces people to return it as a bundle, which sucks because some of the games you get sucks. Some stores even add subscriptions and bullshit which marks up the price and you feel like you getting back less. These bundles are udder crap and there is no option online "bundle, or no bundle" its just bundle.
    Last edited by savoirvivre; 12-12-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Ads