Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    But you know the RRP of all the items? Does the store ONLY sell bundles.? So they wouldn't be interested in selling games to people who already have wiis?
    If they do sell the items seperately its easy to work out the individual costs.
    Bundles are supposed to entice customers to spend more money and get a small discount on their products. Not take advantage of limited demand for a product to sell items above the Recommended Retail Price.

Nintendo deliberately set their prices low for the wii. It would defeat the purpose of having a cheap fun console if retailers are gonna bump up the price of the unit. Or only allow it to be sold with lots of accessories. Which also increases the cost to the consumer...

Member #
    Friends
    Agree with brandon. and avatar below me.
    Last edited by savoirvivre; 12-12-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Well I will say this I think that if you are force to buying something that you yourself don't want then there should be a price cut for that games not the system. I do think that it's wrong for retailer to put systems into bundles, If it wasn't and this is speaking from our point of view then why not let the comsumers choose the game of thier liking. These retailer send study groups to look into other sites and wish lists (that you know they do) put the games that are not in high demand in the bundles and than ask you to buy this or else. I highly doubt they would put zelda in these bundle for they already know that that game is going to do good by itself. The point for them is making money; remember this, you go on about if you don't want it then don't buy it.Well if I say to them ( the retailers)if you want people to trust your stores then don't try to screw them over. And another thing I think it's only right to return the game you didn't want for something for equal price for a game you will enjoy.

Time Traveling Swordsman chronoswing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2632-1545-1419-0063
    Should of waited outside or preordered if you didn't want a bundle. If you had just waited a few hours outside of a 24/7 wal-mart on saturday they released them at midnight.

Member #
    Friends
    there aren't wal-marts everywhere. Not as easy as it is locally for you.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I would make nintendo aware of this issue as it does have a factor in their business strategy. Its their product and their name. I might be aware that its not nintendo's policy to force lots of expensive peripherals down your throat at launch. But a disgruntled parent might take offense to the product as much as the store?
    As I said earlier there weren't any bundle problems in the UK I'm aware of. Except Game made you buy it with Zelda. Zelda's ace. But I would prob try to return it to Game for making me buy it... Then buy it somewhere else cause its ace...

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoswing
    Should of waited outside or preordered if you didn't want a bundle. If you had just waited a few hours outside of a 24/7 wal-mart on saturday they released them at midnight.
    He did preorder, he preordered the bundle with the intentions of getting a wii and just returning the games.

And I do know how much the bundle cost, because it was brought up in many a threads and I saw it on the wal-mart website.

He was in no way forced to buy a bundle, he just chose to, to make sure he got a wii as soon as possible.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    If you want a wii as soon as possible you shouldn't HAVE to buy a bundle...
    I'm sure nintendo would agree.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    If you want a wii as soon as possible you shouldn't HAVE to buy a bundle...
    I'm sure nintendo would agree.
    He didn't have to buy a bundle to get it as soon as possible. He just thought he would have to. Clearly he didn't get it as soon as possible.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Time Traveling Swordsman chronoswing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2632-1545-1419-0063
    Quote Originally Posted by savoirvivre
    there aren't wal-marts everywhere. Not as easy as it is locally for you.
    He said he lived in California, I guarantee there is a wal-mart super center on every street corner. ;P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads