Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    thank you BSDeez16. Good info find.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BSDeez16
    But when GameSpot contacted a Best Buy store-level employee, we were told that each store was required to have a minimum amount of consoles, as promised in advertisements, for December 17. If stock exceeded the promised number, then stores could sell the difference. The employee's store was also only committed to have 25 units ready for the weekend, not 40 as the memo said.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus that all Best Buys aren't selling Wiis, but not bogus that some stores that aren't selling them may have some in stock.
    That store is breaking policy by not saving all of them. All Best Buy's should be holding all Wii's until Sunday, they're even marked this way when they come in. Bogus? No. We have to meet minimum numbers for Sunday's ad to avoid bait-and-switch lawsuits. So if anyone is to blame, it's lawsuit-happy consumers, not the stores. Plus, this approach levels the playing field for people trying to get Wiis. I don't understand why you all are still whining about consoles being held until a Sunday.
    Last edited by Kryptenx; 12-14-2006 at 11:29 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptenx
    That store is breaking policy by not saving all of them. All Best Buy's should be holding all Wii's until Sunday, they're even marked this way when they come in. Bogus? No. We have to meet minimum numbers for Sunday's ad to avoid bait-and-switch lawsuits. So if anyone is to blame, it's lawsuit-happy consumers, not the stores. Plus, this approach levels the playing field for people trying to get Wiis. I don't understand why you all are still whining about consoles being held until a Sunday.
    lol umm you don't understand because its right in front of you. customers want it now. we don't care about the ads, they shouldn't be putting the ads out in the first place, they should be selling the consoles immediately.

You have a good point, but you gotta understand where people are coming from. the ads are not released until maybe a week before? Dude, its just annoying, having people camping out and not getting anything and then having a launch in nov and oh yea we not selling all on nov 19 just a couple, we are holding them all off for another month. then why didn't they just make hte launch this coming sunday/monday? lol.

actually the good part of all this is they held it close enough to xmas so parents didn't have to worry about hiding it.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, I hear it is supposed to be crazy. Now that the Wii is outselling the other game systems, everybody and their dog is wanting one.

This is actually going to make it harder to get one. As the date nears, I am starting to read more and more about it.

Whats a Wii?! I don't know, but I want one!
    http://www.wiihear.com - Wii Hear - Streaming Music to your Wii with Internet Radio Stations

Everybody deserves a Wii VashPR's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7066-0602-4402-9391
    Quote Originally Posted by Brow
    Yeah, I hear it is supposed to be crazy. Now that the Wii is outselling the other game systems, everybody and their dog is wanting one.

This is actually going to make it harder to get one. As the date nears, I am starting to read more and more about it.

Whats a Wii?! I don't know, but I want one!

Respect everybody else's opinion so they respect yours.

Member #
    Friends
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    i dont know if it is just for one of the stores but my friends that work at two different gamestops say that they are selling more tomorrow friday the 15th so be sure to hit those stores up if you are still looking for them :-p

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by savoirvivre
    lol umm you don't understand because its right in front of you. customers want it now. we don't care about the ads, they shouldn't be putting the ads out in the first place, they should be selling the consoles immediately.

You have a good point, but you gotta understand where people are coming from. the ads are not released until maybe a week before? Dude, its just annoying, having people camping out and not getting anything and then having a launch in nov and oh yea we not selling all on nov 19 just a couple, we are holding them all off for another month. then why didn't they just make hte launch this coming sunday/monday? lol.

actually the good part of all this is they held it close enough to xmas so parents didn't have to worry about hiding it.
    I think you're a tiny bit confused. They(retail stores) sold all they received on November 19th. At max, they're holding Wiis for 4-5 days. Trust me, it's not a "let's stockpile weeks worth of Wiis for 7 Sundays from now".

I know where people are coming from though, but Sunday ads do give everyone a pretty good chance.

Ads