LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Dec. 17 - LOTS of Wiis

According to www.kotaku.com, both Bestbuy and Gamestop have saved Wiis on release dates and put them back in storage, all for this weekend... the last weekend for winter shopping. A bit cruel if you ask me, but it's true. This weekend will be your ONLY CHANCE TO GET A WII BEFORE CHRISTMAS! And your best one!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Oh snap.

Any word of other retailers?

'Cause I dont' got a Best Buy here. 2 Gamestops across two cities (small ones)

But meh. Wal-Mart and Target are really where I'll get mine...

I predict at least 400k more will be out in the US if they're going for the 4 mil mark. And there's still..two or three weeks 'til the end of the year!
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    I just got back from Best Buy in Calgary and they said the 15th, Friday, not the 17th.

He said that if you are going to camp, to start Thursday still

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrizzle
    I just got back from Best Buy in Calgary and they said the 15th, Friday, not the 17th.

He said that if you are going to camp, to start Thursday still
    maybe the 15th and the 17th?

Member #
    Friends
    this isn't the place to hunt for Wii's.... get on a reseller board.

got another Wii Tuesday night from Walmart.com ....

we've (resellers) have known about the 17th for a couple weeks now, its not new news and its suprising there are multiple threads around here about it.

Its not going to be nearly enough to meet demand and Im holding all my Wii's (4 now) till after Sunday to sell. Sunday is just going to bring the price up again, just like all the other shipments.

Im getting a bit worried about all the controllers I need to sell though, 11 sets. (anyone need a controller?)
    Last edited by dignan; 12-13-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    So besides you thinking that you're the sh*t, what did you're post help anyone?
    High priced controllers?

Member #
    Friends
    yea, werd up jrizzle. getting tired of seeing post like that around here. smartasses.

got any nunchuks though? ok nevermind. lol.

Member #
    Friends
    6223-1629-4659-6835
    :P

-SpideyKonfusion ^_^"
    WiiFriendCode w = 6223 1629 4659 6835;
    boolean added = true;
    if (added) {
    System.out.println("Make sure to PM/IM me your Wii FriendCode so that I can add you too!");
    }
    else
    System.out.println("-SpideyKonfusion ^_^");
    // I don't care if you don't like my sig or how I end my comments...seriously...i dont

Member #
    Friends
    1220-3845-0335-3021
    Best Buy not selling Wiis until December 17? Source: A scan of an internal Best Buy newsletter acquired by GoNintendo.

The official story: Best Buy and Nintendo could not be reached for comment as of press time.

What we heard: For people trying to hunt down a hard-to-find Wii, there are few things more frustrating than other Wii owners bragging about how they have one. Nintendo's new console has been in short supply since its launch on November 19, and retailers have been selling the consoles as soon as they get them in.

Or maybe that's what they want you to think. Nintendo fan site GoNintendo.com has posted what is allegedly a scan (click image to enlarge) of an internal Best Buy newsletter, which asks managers not to sell Wiis until December 17, even if the company has units in stock.

Best Buy corporate cites the following three reasons for retaining Wiis in the newsletter:

--"This is the last competitive weekend for holiday shopping, which encourages a large amount of traffic to our retail stores once customers realize the system is available."

--"Customers shopping for other products will have the ability and be encouraged to purchase the gaming console."

--"The system is more readily available then (sic) other competing gaming systems."

The scan also mentions some PlayStation 3 information, including "SCEA has made an announcement that no other units will be shipped in addition to the units already being manufactured." However, unlike the Wii, PS3s are to be immediately shelved and sold to customers.

For those gamers still waiting to get a Wii for the holidays, there is at least one bit of good news in the notice. Though quantities will differ for each store, the newsletter states that a "minimum of 40 consoles is guaranteed."

But when GameSpot contacted a Best Buy store-level employee, we were told that each store was required to have a minimum amount of consoles, as promised in advertisements, for December 17. If stock exceeded the promised number, then stores could sell the difference. The employee's store was also only committed to have 25 units ready for the weekend, not 40 as the memo said.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus that all Best Buys aren't selling Wiis, but not bogus that some stores that aren't selling them may have some in stock.

Source:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...stnews;title;2
    1220 3845 0335 3021

Wii60 owner!

Rent Video Games online! Earn a DS Lite by referring friends!
    http://friends.gamefly.com/r/c774a00cd5b81029919d

Member #
    Friends
    6223-1629-4659-6835
    Yea, I have no idea why stores would hold units. 2 friends camped out at target for a Wii (just one of them really wanted one), and when they were handing out the tickets, the other friend said he had camped out for the ps3 (turns out he checked ps3seeker.com and found out there were 5 ps3's at that Target), they said they weren't selling them, but then they went to talk to the manager and they both ended up getting a PS3 and a Wii, selling both PS3s and a Wii, keeping one, and making some good cash.

Retailers are assholes sometimes :P

-SpideyKonfusion
    WiiFriendCode w = 6223 1629 4659 6835;
    boolean added = true;
    if (added) {
    System.out.println("Make sure to PM/IM me your Wii FriendCode so that I can add you too!");
    }
    else
    System.out.println("-SpideyKonfusion ^_^");
    // I don't care if you don't like my sig or how I end my comments...seriously...i dont

Ads