Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4857-5695-0490-5844

Microsoft Must be feeling threatened by the Wii

So, I have no idea how long this is going to last, so I'll take a screenshot.

Going to Gamespot.com, clicking the Wii section. You'll find something pretty interesting. Xbox360 Ads literally covering the entire side parts of the page. Now this is the ONLY section that I have found that has Xbox 360 plastered all over it.

Now, there are two points that I think of when I look at this. Microsoft must be feeling the pressure from Nintendo, so they bought space that covers a competitors section of gamespot!

My second point is, yeah thats Microsoft still using their monopolistic tricks again.

Anyways, it just shows you that at LEAST Microsoft knows that Nintendo is on the rise.

heres a screenshot in case the Ads don't last

[media]http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5174/xbox360bb3.png[/media]

You'll even notice Microsofts cleaver ploy of putting their own remote on the right side of the page as well.

For those who want a larger screenshot here is a link
    http://img436.imageshack.us/img436/5628/xbox360wl0.png

Now I know this is called Advertising, but wow!

UPDATE:

RDBRaptor has pointed out to me that the PS3 page has this as well, apparently I missed it and mistaked the PS2 link at the top for PS3 when I checked to see if they had it as well.
    Last edited by xbandaidx; 12-16-2006 at 01:59 AM.
    Start making use of the Reputation system!!!

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...sive-info.html
    Mario Kart Friend Code: 536957-637076

Member #
    Friends
    2772-8936-1314-9979
    lol, I saw this too. I was confused on whether I went into the Wii section or somehow got transported to the 360 section.

Also, it's on the PS3 page, yet lacking in their own. Hmmmm, silly Microsoft.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by RDBRaptor
    lol, I saw this too. I was confused on whether I went into the Wii section or somehow got transported to the 360 section.

Also, it's on the PS3 page, yet lacking in their own. Hmmmm, silly Microsoft.
    Your right!

I mustvt clicked the PS2 link at the top, not the PS3 link. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guess now that I see that, it kinda defeats the point of this thread. :/

click the scale icon under usernames (next to online/offline status) in post to give or take rep points for good or bad posts!

Member #
    Friends
    That is definately one of the saddest, most ridiculous things I have ever seen.

It looks to me that someone is getting a bit desperate.

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Well microsoft is obvisually feeling left out I guess, because PS3 and the Wii are getting tons of publicity these days and whatnot.

Regardless if both PS3 and Wii section has the 360 ads, I still like to think of it as Microsoft being nervous about the Wii.....maybe they posted it to both (not like they cant afford it) so they don't look so suspicious and I'm right with my theory. :X

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by xbandaidx
    Well microsoft is obvisually feeling left out I guess, because PS3 and the Wii are getting tons of publicity these days and whatnot.

Regardless if both PS3 and Wii section has the 360 ads, I still like to think of it as Microsoft being nervous about the Wii.....maybe they posted it to both (not like they cant afford it) so they don't look so suspicious and I'm right with my theory. :X
    The only publicity the PS3 is getting is very negative. It doesn't have better hardware than the 360 even though it costs 200$ more, Zero AAA games, people who have HDTV's that can only display 1080i can only play in 480p because it doesn't have an upconverting chip and all that.

Nervous about the Wii? The console with only one good game, and that has last gen hardware. Wich means that it's only multiplats will probably be PS2 ports

BTW: i don't think MS can choose where their adds go. They probably got the first spots that became available. /thread

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I've seen that ad below the navagtion bar like on every gaming website i go to, its pissing me off.

Member #
    Friends
    Gamespot is also really biased against Nintendo products, especially the Wii. Their grading of its games is totally unfair, so this doesnt shock me at all that they would allow Microsoft ads to run on the two pages. It is a little ridiculous, but does anyone actually go to Gamespot for reliable or un-biased anything anyway?

Silly silly Microsoft.

11/29/06=Finally got a Wii...just gotta wait til Christmas to play TP...

Member #
    Friends
    4759-2872-3135-2409
    hey cant blame microsoft,blame gamespot the...the bastards
    360 is awsome,but the Wii is just so cuddly!

Member #
    Friends
    4857-5695-0490-5844
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne
    The only publicity the PS3 is getting is very negative. It doesn't have better hardware than the 360 even though it costs 200$ more, Zero AAA games, people who have HDTV's that can only display 1080i can only play in 480p because it doesn't have an upconverting chip and all that.

Nervous about the Wii? The console with only one good game, and that has last gen hardware. Wich means that it's only multiplats will probably be PS2 ports

BTW: i don't think MS can choose where their adds go. They probably got the first spots that became available. /thread
    Uh the first spots that became available? No.

There are only two sections on the website, PS3 and Wii section that Microsoft has literally almost full page ads on, I don't think it 'became' available, Microsoft has deep pockets they asked for them SPECIFICALLY, and yes advertisers can ask for certain pages and stuff. Its the same example on how Google's Adwords work, the advertiser can choose when the ads will appear by certain keywords in searches.

Ads