+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wii Dashboard?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4054-9249-4284-3802

Wii Dashboard?

As I was gazing at my collection of Wii pictures, my eye was caught so many times by the "home" button on the Wiimote and Classic Contoller. (click on the pics below)

Wii Dashboard?-wii_remote5view_0501.jpgWii Dashboard?-wii_classic_0501.jpg

This reminded me of the Xbox 360's center "X" button, which brings up the Dashboard that allows the user to pause the game, change system settings, and even pick their own music to listen to while playing.

The PS3 will most likely have a knock-off of this feature, but will Wii have some kind of Dashboard feature, or is that "home" button just a pause incognito?

I for one, think it will do more than stop the action; look how the Wiimote used to be labled below.

Wii Dashboard?-controle1.jpg

What are your opinions?
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    yeah, ive seen that before and wondered what it was. i hope its not a dashboard button. the X button is way too close to the pause button and it gets frustrating when im trying to get to a game menu but i accedentally press that button -_-' (so annoying)
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    well the two on the sides must be for the volume, but the home button is mysterious. I believe that it will do more than just pause the game. Only time will tell exactly what it does...
    wii savings=$300
    Gamefly Section:none for now

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    i think the two on the sides are pause and select. i dont know why theyre "+" and "-". maybe to make it seem less like a video game
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Member #
    Friends
    Oh ur right, I didn't look at the old model for the wii-mote so it must be start and select.
    wii savings=$300
    Gamefly Section:none for now

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    yeah, and the VC controller has it too

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Here's a pic of the Classic Controller's button commands and the "home" button is used to just quit the game!?

Wii Dashboard?-v1.jpg
    (click to enlarge)

I don't think that's a good idea if that's all you have to do to quit because you might just hit it accidentially and suddenly you're out of the game.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    I know that this may seem a bit off topic, and it's funny that it's in my own thread, but I wanted to make a line-up of how the Wiimote's buttons have changed and yes, there was a seperate thread about this, but they only showed two pics and mine has three.

Wii Dashboard?-13.jpgWii Dashboard?-p1010315-2.jpgWii Dashboard?-wii_remote5view_0501.jpg
    (In order from oldest to most recent; click to enlarge)

The one in the middle really confuses me because it was at E3, but so was the third one!

Why Nintendo? Why must you taunt me so?

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    the 2nd and 3rd ones look the same. only the third has "Home" and "Wii" on it

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    I know that this may seem a bit off topic, and it's funny that it's in my own thread, but I wanted to make a line-up of how the Wiimote's buttons have changed and yes, there was a seperate thread about this, but they only showed two pics and mine has three.

Attachment 322Attachment 323Attachment 324
    (In order from oldest to most recent; click to enlarge)

The one in the middle really confuses me because it was at E3, but so was the third one!

Why Nintendo? Why must you taunt me so?
    supposedly Nintendo ran out of controllers for all the machines so had to use the prototypes they had laying around (might be why some of the games got bad reviews, different innards ).
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

Ads