+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The name "Wii"?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi
    Xbox's name means turning 360 degrees, putting in effort in something and getting no change the name wii is original and you can make nice puns with it
    Hahaha, when I first read this, I thought you meant the 360 stood for the temperature, like 360˚ Fahrenheit!

That probably isn't too far from the temperature some 360's have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermariomp3
    yeah, when you do a 360 you end up in the same exact position..which is true about the xbox 360
    Not really. The Xbox 360 has better graphics (look at Fight Night Round 3), larger hard drive, better HD plug-ins, and you can replace the game's music with your own (this was only available in a handful of games for the original Xbox).

That said, I'll be waiting until perhaps the spring or summer of 2007 to get one because of it's heat and backwards compatibility problems.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    lol i like the joke part about the XBOX '360' where you don't really move at all after doing all this work. Sums up what the XBOX 360 is all about, along with its launch titles like fight night and perfect dark zero.

I have played XBOX 360 at uni and as much as I hate to say it they haven't improved on the controller at all and i still find it's hard to get used to lol. Fight night does highlight that aspect of the XBOX 360 - you have to use the joystick all the time and it feels awkward. I'd rather play fight night on the wii... If it came out on the wii!

Btw, N64 was fairly creative as it had super mario 64 and zelda OoT and they were great games! I'm likely to get flamed for this but this is my opinion on the '64.

Speaking of microsoft making their game console XBOX 360 it still sucks of originality and the PS3 also sucks as well. How about calling it 'Ken Kutaragi's biggest blunder' that would sound alot better than PS3. And people can make jokes out of it.

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzeldagame
    Speaking of microsoft making their game console XBOX 360 it still sucks of originality and the PS3 also sucks as well. How about calling it 'Ken Kutaragi's biggest blunder' that would sound alot better than PS3. And people can make jokes out of it.
    people dont need to make jokes, its funny by itself
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    By the way the wee sucks because it doesn't have mega cool graphics so we can't expect to have pixar quality based games on our wee...

Overall all consoles suck because there's real improvement at all - the wee has a gimmick that it relies on for its profitability and popularity and wiill to once become as popular as the NES. Maybe Nintendo should focus on making games like Sega is doing now and leave the console design and marketing to microsoft or sony...

W!! suxorz / roxorz which way do you look at it??

Member #
    Friends
    LOL This reminds me of something Soooooo funny
    I was watching X-Play and Adam was like: The extra I in Wii is for Intuitive or however you spell it, then Morgan is like: And the W is for WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING NAMING IT WII? I couldn't stop laughing, + the way she said it.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    lol i like the joke part about the XBOX '360' where you don't really move at all after doing all this work. Sums up what the XBOX 360 is all about, along with its launch titles like fight night and perfect dark zero.

I have played XBOX 360 at uni and as much as I hate to say it they haven't improved on the controller at all and i still find it's hard to get used to lol. Fight night does highlight that aspect of the XBOX 360 - you have to use the joystick all the time and it feels awkward. I'd rather play fight night on the wii... If it came out on the wii!

Btw, N64 was fairly creative as it had super mario 64 and zelda OoT and they were great games! I'm likely to get flamed for this but this is my opinion on the '64.

By the way the wee sucks because it doesn't have mega cool graphics so we can't expect to have pixar quality based games on our wee...

Overall all consoles suck because there's real improvement at all - the wee has a gimmick that it relies on for its profitability and popularity and wiill to once become as popular as the NES. Maybe Nintendo should focus on making games like Sega is doing now and leave the console design and marketing to microsoft or sony...

W!! suxorz / roxorz which way do you look at it??
    Wow, you're positive.

Just a few problems I have with your comments. First, you critisize the Xbox 360 and PS3 for not being original enough but then you critisize Wii (which you spell incorrectly as wee) for being gimicky and not have as good of graphics as the Xbox 360 and PS3.

I understand you're playing devil's advocate when talking about Wii because otherwise, you wouldn't be here on WiiChat, but then you say Wii will suck because it won't be able to have games that look like a Pixar movie? Seriously, did you ever see a little game called Super Mario Sunshine for the Gamecube? And we all know Wii is going to be a little bit more powerful than the Xbox, let alone the Gamecube. Super Mario Galaxy looks like it could be a Pixar film, correct? Besides, I don't want all the games to look like some Disney movie, I want some style, like what Viewtiful Joe has or some realism, which Farcry will definitly have.

Just wondering, why did you write the word Wii as wee? And about marketing, I've hardly seen an Xbox 360 commercials and 0 PS3 commercials. Though I do think Nintendo is trying too hard with their Brain Age commercials that are targeted at adults, I like their DS addes, especially the one's where they super-impose people into a videogame world. Nintendo, in my opinion, has some of the best commercials around.

Remember this one?
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTs6Kro7csQ[/MEDIA]
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 08-06-2006 at 09:55 AM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    NateTheGreat I cant see the video it says
    "The owner of this video does not allow video embedding please watch this video on YouTube.com

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Darn it! I'll edit the post and make sure it works....

OK, THE VIDEO WORKS NOW, BUT IT'S IN GERMAN!!
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 08-06-2006 at 09:57 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    i totally remember that! i remember talking about it in elementary school and people looking at me weird i loved that commercial!
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Well, I liked it and I want to put one... NateTheGreat how do u put those videos there?

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads