Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7177-5401-1319-4531
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfSex
    Lethal, what are you doing on a Wii Fan Site?

You say the Wii isn't next gen because it can't play movies or tivo or any of that crap? I guess my TV is Next-Gen, and my dvd-player too! wow!!
    Notice the online code?! He has every right to be here, although it seems he has become my nemesis.

As far as controller lag goes, I don't think that it is anywhere near as bad as Lethal makes it seem. Look at Motorstorm... it uses the tilt functionality online. But I can't attest to it being a non issue either. We'll just have to wait and see.

Nintendo realizes the popularity of online gaming, especially its increasing popularity in Japan with the DS. Maybe that's why they are limiting 3rd party access, maybe not. Either way, we are not going to hear anything until the gag order is dropped. But I really doubt Nintendo would launch online with game hindering lag.

Member #
    Friends
    7975-7481-0827-9554
    *yawn*

My gut feel says:

Wii
    PS3

But I think there are a lot of factors to take into account. Support for games is everything, if anyone of Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo fail to get licenses for lots of games then they will fail, no matter how good the technology or funky the gameplay.

People ruling out the PS3 are not really looking at the big picture. If the PS3 stays around for 4-5 years then it is easily believable that it will outstrip the 360. The US has strong sales of the MS consoles, but both the Xbox and the 360 have struggled in Japan. The Wii will probably finish top, but it's a long long road. The first big test will come at christmas when (for the first time) all three consoles will go head to head worldwide.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    Didn't we just have a thread like this made last night?
    Hey you have a low gamerscore like me!!!in your sig...well mines much lower but hey!

thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

Member #
    Friends
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfSex
    Lethal, what are you doing on a Wii Fan Site?

You say the Wii isn't next gen because it can't play movies or tivo or any of that crap? I guess my TV is Next-Gen, and my dvd-player too! wow!!
    Ummm.....Ok? Is your TV 1080i or up? Is your DVD player HD-DVD or better? No? Then your comment is pointless.

And where does it say Wii fanboy site? There is more than Wii talk here.... I own a Wii. I like the Wii. But I am smart enough to realize that there is no way it will win the war.
    Last edited by Lethal; 03-06-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Who cares about if the graphics are the best? Its all about if its playable I still like to play NES games because they were fun I didn't care about graphics Most people have a DVD player in their house so who needs their Wii to play a DVD and also who is gonna win the war between HD DVD and BLU RAY only time will tell
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    Quote Originally Posted by blogman54
    Who cares about if the graphics are the best? Its all about if its playable I still like to play NES games because they were fun I didn't care about graphics Most people have a DVD player in their house so who needs their Wii to play a DVD and also who is gonna win the war between HD DVD and BLU RAY only time will tell
    So you think the NES is going to win the war? Pointless post!!

Member #
    Friends
    In the long term, if the Wii can find third party support (i.e. fewer ports and more exclusives) and gets decent online:
    1. Wii
    2. PS3
    3. 360

... if not, it will go the way of the Gamecube:
    1. PS3
    2. 360
    3. Wii

Member #
    Friends
    1.)PS3
    2.)360
    3.)Wii

Ps3 might look like its dead right now, but im sure its going to pick up, sony wont go down with a good fight, and sony will get out of this hole. 360 is just awesome, awesome games, and awesome online support, I have a wii, but I buy games for my other systems usually going with if they are online or not, Im sorry im not a singleplayer kinda guy, too boring and lonely, now ripping it online with my buddies is the most fun. Thats why I think the wii is going to ultimately flop, because i am sure nintendo is going to halfass wii online like ds online, and in the end get a super laggy and crappy online experience, sure not taking crap from random people might be a plus, but i just get to frustarated with snakers and those who morphball entire game and I wish i could cuz them out, instead of taking out the anger on my poor kids, haha jk i dont have kids, but still its the suxors not being able to speak, its makes me Sad
    Why did all those people in america die? so we couldnt enjoy freedom of speech?
    Last edited by OneManArmy; 03-06-2007 at 09:26 PM.
    YA BOOOOI#3

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal
    Ummm.....Ok? Is your TV 1080i or up?
    yes.

seriously hd-dvd isn't really tickling many people's fancy right now. Xbox 360 needs and add-on to play hd-dvd, nintendo could make an add-on in the future too. so really the only system that would be "next-gen" in your logic is the ps3.
    I think the wii is next gen, and if sales and innovation mean anything, the Wii will surely win. Nintendos games + increased third party support + good online play will definitely wrap up this win for nintendo. It's too early to tell, though.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal
    Ummm.....Ok? Is your TV 1080i or up? Is your DVD player HD-DVD or better? No? Then your comment is pointless.

And where does it say Wii fanboy site? There is more than Wii talk here.... I own a Wii. I like the Wii. But I am smart enough to realize that there is no way it will win the war.
    Oh yes, that's another thing I find annoying. The arrogance and treatment of opinion as fact. Only smart people think the Wii is crap? Sorry but I'm a smart dude and I think the Wii has a good chance of doing very well. If you had been disappointed by Nintendo the past 2 consoles, did you really think the Wii was going to be any better? It sounds like you just don't like Nintendo (which is fine).

{So you think the NES is going to win the war? Pointless post!!}
    Actually that was pointless. WTH? All that guy said was that he still enjoyed NES games. It's like you're desperately grabbing for straws.

And again, I think a little too much emphasis is being put on online.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Ads