LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Is it me, or is the Wii a Pre-Teen Machine

So I lined up overnight and got a PS3, not even thinking about a Wii at the time. After a couple of days, the Wii hype kept getting bigger and bigger, which intrigued my interest immensely. So I did what anyone would do, I started my Wii Hunt.
    After a couple of weeks I scored one at a Gamespot/EB Games. I immediately rented COD3, Red Steel, and Trauma Center 2 and of course have the sports games included. I have to admit, the movement and controller were quite addicting and fun. My girlfriend who mostly hates the idea of videogames is playing Tennis as I type this.
    Then I started reading these forums a little closer, such as the games. Rayman, Sonic, etc. Aren't these games normally played by 6 and 7 year olds? Then I realized how juvenile the shooters I had were. COD3 is so bad graphically; you can't see the damage you’re inflicting. Red Steel shows slash marks in the sword fights that immediately disappears, what’s up with that.
    Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii, but simply for the Sports or non-violent, non-realistic games.
    If you were to take the Motion sensor remote away, I think all you would have is a nicer looking Gamecube, which from what I remembered is a terrible system.
    All I can say is that I am very glad I have a PS3, at least that way I will be involved in some Next Generation Gaming going on in 07, not just mere low graphic motion controlled mayhem.

I know allot of you will read this as an attack on the Wii, and that is not what I am trying to do. I just think Nintendo could have taking this great little machine and made it 100 times better. Just by going with better graphics would have probably made it 50 times better.

Well, I just had to get this off my chest and see if anyone else out there is feeling the same way as me.

L8r

Member #
    Friends
    It's just you. Nintendo has always spanned multiple age ranges and the Wii continues that trend.

Member #
    Friends
    4910-3433-7867-8297
    Dude. Sorry 2 break it to u but when sonic came out it was a huge success and attracted many people and mos of them were what? Do you know? Yep. Over the ages of 6-7. Not to be rude or anything but this is the truth. Now I do know that the Wii has little kid games but it also has grown up games. Nintendo's goal was to attract all ages. From young to adult to old. That goal succeeded. So, i have looked up some upcoming games and a lot will be big hits that are mature such as MK Armageddon, etc. At this moment there are also *big people* games such as Madden 97, Zelda,(Who doesnt love that), excite truck, dowhill jam, COD3, and many more.
    Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
    Excite Truck
    The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Red Steel
    Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    6716-5035-9322-6191
    I guess I'm a 40yo pre-teen then since I love Rayman, Elebits, Trauma Center, and have purchased several VC games like Sonic.

I walked away from console gaming after Atari, pretty much disgusted with overly complex and arcane game controls and a complete lack of game creativity when every title involved killing something. Wii has bought creativity back - and is bringing older gamers like myself - back in droves.

Enjoy your PS3 and its blood-spurting realism. Different strokes for different folks!

Member #
    Friends
    Ive loved sonic since day one...
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    Shooters are not the ultimate in gaming, despite what you may think. Once you've played one, you've played them all. And the best shooter type game that came out in the last 3 years was RE4 on the GC.
    Graphic deaths do not a fun game make.
    Bob
    Not a downstroke, fistpicker.

Member #
    Friends

re

Quote Originally Posted by JKarp
    I guess I'm a 40yo pre-teen then since I love Rayman, Elebits, Trauma Center, and have purchased several VC games like Sonic.

I walked away from console gaming after Atari, pretty much disgusted with overly complex and arcane game controls and a complete lack of game creativity when every title involved killing something. Wii has bought creativity back - and is bringing older gamers like myself - back in droves.

Enjoy your PS3 and its blood-spurting realism. Different strokes for different folks!
    You probably dont even know how to work a computer. The days of pong are gone. ps3 controlds are not hard to work. They require a little practice, but its not hard.

Add me and i'll add you! intekmdma's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066
    You probably dont even know how to work a computer. The days of pong are gone. ps3 controlds are not hard to work. They require a little practice, but its not hard.
    ouch! that was mean! But yes I do agree, it just takes a bit of practice... of course, not everyone is a gamer

turbo'd wabbit

Member #
    Friends
    Then I realized how juvenile the shooters I had were. COD3 is so bad graphically; you can't see the damage you’re inflicting. Red Steel shows slash marks in the sword fights that immediately disappears, what’s up with that.
    Don't get me wrong, I like my Wii, but simply for the Sports or non-violent, non-realistic games.
    Once again another PS3 knob is whinging about the graphics. Go play your 2-3 hour gameplay PS3 if you can't handle real gameplay. I'd like to see a 6-7 year old finish games such as Red Steel, Zelda, Trauma Centre, etc, etc. I bet your still stcuk on the first level, or can't figure out how to get past the title screen you dumb ass.

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    You've already posted this article before and named it "Have Wii Been Jipped" or something like that. Dont spam articles!

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads