LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WaveDash

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ya I can't get to too many tournies either thats why I can't wait for SSBB and online play.

Member #
    Friends
    i wouldnt worry about getting pro at ssbm anymore, because mlg is about to cutt off ssbm tourneys when ssbb cmes out and continue to do tourneys for brawl. If you want to compete id suggest just waiting for ssbb and getting good at it. I cant wait for online play
    My Sig used to be really pretty and decorated with different pictues, but then photobucket decided to be a stupid little dirty sanchez. So now it is very plain.

Member #
    Friends
    Can anyone show a video of wavedashing, I just want to see it to know what it is. Maybe like a video across final destination or something. Anything would work.
    wii number:1983-4115-1527-2746 name: FlAsH
    Pokemon Diamond: 4295-9468-4634

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    Quote Originally Posted by pit18
    Can anyone show a video of wavedashing, I just want to see it to know what it is. Maybe like a video across final destination or something. Anything would work.
    theres a few videos on the first page
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    Use google video and search "advanced how to play ssbm" there's 3 parts and its really helpful.

Member #
    Friends
    I Registered to these forums just to post here, in this thread.

The topic was, Wavedashing in Brawl, if I'm correct. Well, will it be in Brawl? I hope so. And if they are using the same physics engine then it should be in there. That is if they keep air dodging in there(which is almost certain).

And they will most likely be using the same physics engine because they only started making it about a year ago, at last years e3. And I'm sure the people making the game have seen player guides. And they don't want to dissapoint us do they?

And for how it will be used in Brawl, if it is in there. I think that they will make it easier for novice players to do....how, I don't know. But they might do something like...shorthop + down diagonal air dodge = WD. And there would be a larger time period to do the down diagonal Air dodge.

^^^I don't think they should change it at all though. It is perfect the way it is imo. And once you learn it you never forget.
    Last edited by TMRevolution; 07-27-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Melee player, Main: Ganondorf, working on fox
    I can short hop double lazer with ease
    Wii fund: $260 USD
    Game fund: $10 USD

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yeah I really do hope that the SSBB makers leave WDing in the SSBB engine and also to make it easier for beginners to learn with.

On another note SHFFLing (Short Hop, Fast Fall, L cancel) is just as hard to learn in comparison to WDing. But that move wasn't a glitch, it was utilising the options available to the player and using it to advantage so that aerial attacks could almost be used on the ground. Therefore I am sure that they will leave the SHFFLing aspect of SSBM in SSBB. Maybe they will improve the training mode. It could do with a bit of adjustment.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, SHFFLing should be left in the game, and WDing should be a little easier for beginners. I'd like to see all the advanced techniques in SSBB, but they'll probably do away with things like JC grab. And I'd love to see a better training mode, the current one can only get you so far.

Member #
    Friends
    Aha! I just thought of something! Maybe (L) would be the wave dash button. And R would be still be shield/roll/(if you press (A)) grab. And Z would still be grab. But they would change (L) to wave dash, by pressing (L) and left or right....hmm, but then how would normal wavedashing work?

): oh well. Maybe they'll just disable normal and make it (L) only.

Melee player, Main: Ganondorf, working on fox
    I can short hop double lazer with ease
    Wii fund: $260 USD
    Game fund: $10 USD

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Hmm yeah that would be a good idea (WD as L button) but yeah people have a preference to one or both buttons so I'm sure they'll leave WD as it was in Melee. Like when I want to shield grab sum1 I use L+A and if I'm doing WDs I use R button to airdodge and then I use L+A to shield grab during the WD.

Ads