Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395

Wii sports bowling.....

Why are there a bunch of people here that think that they have to bowl completely straight? There are way too many people complaining about spin. Maybe I am just blue-collar and know how to bowl but last time I checked, you WANT to curve it. Ask all the people with 300's they probably all bowl with a hook. (If anyone got a perfect game with straight bowling please tell me).

Sorry if it feels a little harsh but, seriously......

Member #
    Friends
    You're right. I guess people have a problem because they dont have control over the ball and dont know how to bowl straight, and things are less fun when you dont have complete control over how you do it. So even when there's like one pin left, they curve the ball away from it. But you're right its best to bowl with a curve unless you're going for 1 or 2 pins.

26 sets of flat batteries Wii17's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1950-4861-6176-4135
    mine always curves to the left unless i bowl towards the right all the way. if i go opposite hands on mii it always goes left, twisting the controller seems to do nothing it always goes the same way

Currently own :
    Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Need For Speed: Carbon.

(In order of purchase)

Accessories : 2 Wiimotes, 2 Nunchucks

Member #
    Friends
    1576-5952-6639-1570
    Yea it just goes left every single time for me too, regardless of what way i twist the remote.

^Ah shh, It's my first go at something in photoshop =P
    Proud Wii60 Owner.
    WII CODE: 1576 5952 6639 1570

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Also, have you noticed how many people think that the sensor bar is used for everything?

Once and for all (even though it won't be) IT IS ONLY USED FOR POINTING!!!!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    I bowl with quite a hook, almost to the gutter on approach.

In my experience watching Wii bowlers there are 2 types of bowlers. Bowlers that are consistent with their swing and can move their marks according for pickups. And bowlers that aren't consistent with their swing and will change their swing according to attempt to pick up pins.

Ofcourse the first type of bowler usually has much higher scores, and it would require a great deal of luck for the later type to bowl a perfect game.
    --Xbox 360
    --Wii
    --PS3
    --Game Whore

Member #
    Friends
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    Also, have you noticed how many people think that the sensor bar is used for everything?

Once and for all (even though it won't be) IT IS ONLY USED FOR POINTING!!!!!!!!
    Not exactly true, it is also used for judging distance in the grid. Example will be try boxing with infared interference. It won't be able to tell your position to the screen which will cause problems communicating to wether you are throwing a punch or not.
    --Xbox 360
    --Wii
    --PS3
    --Game Whore

Member #
    Friends
    [QUOTE=Brawny] (If anyone got a perfect game with straight bowling please tell me).[QUOTE]

I can bowl high 200's, bowling straight on. You bowl the way that works best for you. It's about having fun anyways...

Member #
    Friends
    I havent bowled a perfect game but I have bowled a 279. When I first started bowling on the wii I would try to bowl a straight shot in between the 1 and 3 pins.( I wasn't able to control the spin very well) I decide to spend a game trying to get the hook of the ball under control. Once you can get control of your spin and you get your timing down on your release there will be major rise in your average. Now when I bowl I line up at the second dot closest to the gutter and I hold the wii mote almost sideways. Then it all comes down to my timing of the release on how consistently I hit strikes. I mean just think about. If you see a pro bowler on tv he doesnt bowl straight down the gut he has a major hook.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I must just be in a flaming kinda mood today. yeah, I know Xanthan but I am talking about the people who think that they bowl hooks because their sensor bar is screwed.

To iplaywii: Just try to bowl with a curve not caring about how you look. (just make some random mii so you don't bring down that precious skill level). I bet you will bowl a perfect game in no time.

Ads