Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you think???

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Universal USB Controllers

The only problem with letting the Wii use a whole bunch of USB controllers is that they would have to have software designed to transfer the functions. After time, this software would probably clog up the Wii and you would have to resort to a bunch of memory cards - remember that the wii only has 512MB of flash memory - so a bunch of controllers would be kinda rough unless they were designed for specific games which were already configured to use the specified controller.

Member #
    Friends
    why would you want to anyway, it seems that most of the games for the Wii promotes using the the wiimote. Like Why would you want to play Project H.A.M.M.E.R with the Classic Controller, it would feel dead. What about Wii Sports it would feel stupid swinging a baseball with that stupid batting system.
    What about WarioWare Smooth Moves, you need the wiimote for that game. I guess games like Super Mario Galaxy you don't really need the Wiimote but the classic controller would take the fun out of it.
    I think the only games that will give you the option to use the wiimote or classic controller are multiplatform games.

Member #
    Friends
    Dudes quit gettin' on my case, it's just a thought...

And yeah it would be great if Wii programers can give users the option of choosing between the Nunchuk Wiimote and the Classic Controller.

Some of us just might not like to use the Nunchuk Wiimote!

On FPS games on consoles for instance: Some games on the PS2 allow you to both use the PS2 controler or the optional keybaord/mouse. Computer users will most likely use the keybaord/mouse layout but that can't be said for everyone who plays the game, some people are used to the PS2 controller (and yeah some people still don't own computers)

If you guys can't afford a freakin' classic controller for the Wii just say so.

I'm sorry if this has become and something of an attack 'fiesta', but don't nail people on every word they say. No ones freakin' perfect!

You guys seriously need to get out some more. Oh yeah I forgot, the computer and games is your life. Try getting a women for a change.

Being tired was just an excuse. Giving users options, flexibility, expandiability and functionality that has a future!
    Last edited by Nemix; 08-02-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm sorry that I gave you the idea that I was flaming you but I was just saying that some of the games for the wii don't really need an option because the wiimote makes it easier like in mp3: corruption or red steel why would you want to use a controller when you could just point and shoot. But I agree with you on how some games do need the option like madden 07 becuz some people might not want to use the wiimote to throw a ball or sack or kick a field goal when you can just press a button. But it really depends on the game. But I think most people wouldn't care if there isn't and option cuz the reason people are so excited for the Wii is becuase of the innovative gameplay.
    Last edited by Supermariomp3; 08-02-2006 at 09:30 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermariomp3
    I gave you the idea that I was nailing you
    That sounds kinda gay

It's alright man, guess just having a bad day. And my bad for whip lashin' you guys like that. Check out my introduction. Currently Sony gamer switchin' back to Nintendo. I want just like every other person on this forum for Nintendo to come back and take it's rightful crown as king of the gaming industry.

Member #
    Friends
    lol ...I changed it...and welcome to wiichat!!!

Member #
    Friends
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    I'm sorry, I didn't read the whole post. If this has been said, please fogive me!

It would not be hard to develop for seperate controllers. All that needs to be done is controller mapping, which, not including testing to make sure it's all natural, should take little more than a few hours work. It's really just like mapping a mouse and keyboard to one of those usb playstation controllers and what not.

Ads