Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0153-8778-5368-6652
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguard
    I've recently bought a wii. Well, it's a nice thing and all the stuff, but I'm now feal like I was cheated.
    There are a lot of titles announced, but most of them are crap. The ONLY reason I've bought a wii is that I want to enjoy it's amazing new wiimote and nunchack play - I could as well go buy PS2, much cheaper itself and with much cheaper games.
    No, I wanted THE REAL action, with pain in muscles and real movements.

WiiSports is fun, but it's limited. I can't run in tennis and I cannot aim there. I cannot affect the bat in baseball, and I cannot make perfect punches in boxing, though boxing is something close to what I wanted to have.

Wherever are all those amazing sports titles with real moves, thouse amazing 3rd person swords fightings games - well, not especially swords, I'm agree if it will be a lightsaber, but I MUST feel real movements.
    Not a series of crappy flashes, meaning swords swings. Not a couple of preselected actions - a real 3d character with a sword, or a mace, or whatever.

Wiimote is so amazing, but I'm getting another crappy pointer game(I have a PC and a mouse, so I'm NOT impressed!), or another hit&run game, benefiting zero from wiimote, which could as well controlled with PS2 gamepad with no difference!!

Watch god father video for the wii, than come back and cry. You wonder why your getting flamed? go buy a ps2 ROFL.
    (1)Wii-1/2/07
    (1)Classic Controller
    (2)Wiimotes
    (VC)Super mario 64, Gunstar Heros

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7272-1660-6088-7760
    WiiSports is fun, but it's limited. I can't run in tennis and I cannot aim there. I cannot affect the bat in baseball, and I cannot make perfect punches in boxing, though boxing is something close to what I wanted to have.
    Not flaming but...do you know how hard it would be to make the game that much involved? First of all, not everyone lives in a giant house to where they can "run" for a tennis ball. Yes, you can aim in tennis. It's call swinging early to get more pull on the ball or swinging later.

In baseball, have you ever seen a girl play that sport? Take my wife for example...she has that, "you swing like a girl" and "you throw like girl" effect. How do you emulate that?? lol

Same goes with boxing. My wife again punches like a retard! So you have to have some lenincy.

Currently Own:
    -- WiiSports -- Zelda: Twilight Princess -- COD 3 -- Super Monkey Balls -- Excite Truck -- Madden 07' -- NFS: Carbon -- RedSteel -- Wario Smooth Moves -- The Godfather: Blackhand -- Super Paper Mario -- Resident Evil 4 -- Metroid 3 Prime: Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ImageFX
    Not flaming but...do you know how hard it would be to make the game that much involved? First of all, not everyone lives in a giant house to where they can "run" for a tennis ball. Yes, you can aim in tennis. It's call swinging early to get more pull on the ball or swinging later.
    This in not AIMING, it's called TIMING. I want real aiming.

In baseball, have you ever seen a girl play that sport? Take my wife for example...she has that, "you swing like a girl" and "you throw like girl" effect. How do you emulate that?? lol
    Not only I haven't ever seen this, I'm also never played it myself . Not actually a popular game in our country .

But I don't get it. Do you mean that every game should be so easy that every girl in a world could play it just fine?
    Well, allright, some will enjoy wiisports forever, but I want more challenge, better gameplay, more realistic phisics.

Member #
    Friends
    7272-1660-6088-7760
    My point is that the realistic physics is someone that can't be done. What your asking for is a device that scans the room your in and then emulates every move the person in front of the tv does (atleast that's what it sounds like). The wii is just mimicing your wii remote. Remember, this is nintendo's first go at this type of gaming. As more people play, more feedback will come, more improvements will come.

Currently Own:
    -- WiiSports -- Zelda: Twilight Princess -- COD 3 -- Super Monkey Balls -- Excite Truck -- Madden 07' -- NFS: Carbon -- RedSteel -- Wario Smooth Moves -- The Godfather: Blackhand -- Super Paper Mario -- Resident Evil 4 -- Metroid 3 Prime: Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ImageFX
    My point is that the realistic physics is someone that can't be done.
    What your asking for is a device that scans the room your in and then emulates every move the person in front of the tv does (atleast that's what it sounds like).
    I didn't mean THIS realistic. Correct reading of bat's angle/position and running with a nunchuck would be enough.
    Plus controllable ball's spin, high-poligon models with IK/Mocap and all such effects.

Do a barrel roll.Do it!Do doctorecs's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I think that once they make a starwars lightsaber game or something that the wii will realy start making money. I dont think it would be as good with a sword and sheild because with a sword you dont have the same like endless fight feel. Everyone just hang in there the games will get better. Remember that brawl and galxy are likely to come out this year.
    Last edited by doctorecs; 01-12-2007 at 08:46 AM.

wii would like to play..now!

Member #
    Friends
    7272-1660-6088-7760
    I didn't mean THIS realistic. Correct reading of bat's angle/position and running with a nunchuck would be enough.
    Plus controllable ball's spin, high-poligon models with IK/Mocap and all such effects.
    I can't complain. Like i said, it's Nintendo's first time with something like this. I'm very satisfied with what it can do. Now with it out on the market, there is only room for improvement with feedback from customers. Give it time and you will probably get a lot of what you are asking for in the future.

Currently Own:

Member #
    Friends
    ImageFX
    Well, I hope so(as there's nothing else to do anyway). I really hope that 3.5 Billion units sold in just a few weeks means something, and devs will find the best uses of wii accelerometers someday. What really takes me down is that I just can't wait! .

Ads