8756-4872-6334-8478
    Pfff don't think it does brainwash anyone... I find em boring tbh

2. Ads

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    i think that the developer cant be bothered thing up alt turnouts in ww2 like what would happen if the nazis won

Member #
    Friends
    0061-5695-7775-8491
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    1st of all u shouldn't be saying anything about we think, WWII is the biggest war we've ever won and the war on terror right now will become the biggest one once it's done. Now let's stop talking about this before we get into a huge debate plz...

I'm sick of em' too, Call of Duty and 1 or 2 others r the only ones that I like.
    Yes this forum is definetly not the place to have such a debate, especially when there are so many different cultures and people from different countries that come to this board for Wii information. Maybe one of the off-topic forums would be appropriate.

But my 2 cents... An American development company would never make a war game where you play as one of your militarized enemys. They would not do it for 2 reasons:

1) When the American Military is in need of more troops to come and fight their countries war, why would they want to ever take the chance of loosing more troops and possibly making more American's move away to fight against their own country, like there already has been.

2) The game would have to be a pretty amazing game to be profitable. The general American public by a vast majority wouldnt buy a game where you are an enemy soldier, out to kill as many Americans as possible. Parents would not buy it for their kids, and most american people, who have any sort of support for war, wouldnt support target practice on their own country. So no American development company would ever produce such a game in intent to make a profit.

Now if it were to be a foreign game dev. company, then I am sure they would make more games like that and Im sure they would make great profit.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    "and the war on terror right now will become the biggest one once it's done."
    America's already losing there.
    But i agree, i do like wwii() games, but i hate when i always have to play America..

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDepths
    WWII is probably the biggest thing to Americans. It was the biggest war that they think they have ever won. I've seen American movies of a certain war in which they lost. And in this movie... they won??? Same with games, Americans are trying to tell people that there army is great and all that jazz. They can do that all they want for all I care, but then they might as well put out a game where you have to see how long you can survive on only McDonalds food.
    We've never lost a war, lol.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Actually I would like to see a good Vietnam game on wii I don't even care if it would be on americans side as long as it's not trying to too tidy and and stuff. I really think thee would be a cut to that kind of game there are several vietnam movies that are rougher than normal hail america style seen on hollywood movies. To name few Platoon and Apocalypse now so please make vietnam game with spirit of those movies.

Though yep it really unlikely but there might be hope if developing is really cheap to Wii that some smaller company would do something like this.
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    We've never lost a war, lol.
    Hehe, u go boy! And by the way I won't even bother commenting on how we're(in your opinion)"losing" the war on terror. I said let's get off this topic...

This thread's running dry, i'm OUT.

*EDIT*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel
    Why not a World War II game where you can protect your country from the invading Americans? Why not a Desert Storm game where you try to save your wife and child from Americans bombing your neighborhood then snap and join an insurgency when Americans destroy everything you hold dear? Why is everything told from the perspective of America? Probably because most games like this are made there and they insight more blind patriotism into the already gullible masses. NO MORE!!!
    Well maybe it's because we don't go bombing ppl just because we don't like that they practice a certain religion or want to kill ppl senselissly, or maybe it's because we don't just want take over countries. Listen, the reason war games r always favoring the American side is because we're the only country(besides England & not counting back in the 1800's)because we've only gone to war because someone intiated it on us.

U may think i'm just a patriot suck up but it's true.
    Last edited by ssbb_lover; 08-17-2006 at 08:05 PM.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Then it's time to add new life to this thread, right?

I think it would be cool to have a WWII game based on the Battle of Coral Sea. This battle stopped Japan's advancement and harassment of Australia, and could very well have sealed America's victory in the Battle of Midway. This raised spirits and strengthened resolve. Prior to Coral Sea, everyone thought Japan was invincible.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Lol, send that to EA games or Ubisoft

Seriously, that's a good idea

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    1st of all u shouldn't be saying anything about we think, WWII is the biggest war we've ever won and the war on terror right now will become the biggest one once it's done. Now let's stop talking about this before we get into a huge debate plz...

I'm sick of em' too, Call of Duty and 1 or 2 others r the only ones that I like.

Heh, sorry. I didn't clarify very well. Your right, I shouldn't say what you think, you obviously all have different thoughts and opinions. I was referring more generally to the stereotypical veiw of americans. More specifically, how the world veiws america's feelings.

The whole post was really a shot below the belt to stereotypes.

Also the winning WWII thing. I was slightly more serious about that. I've talked to quite a few americans that feel they won that war single handedly. That is just something that annoys me slightly.

And finally... why did you ask us to stop talking about that when you were the only one to reply to what I said. If you wouldn't have, I wouldn't have even made this post.

Anyways, hope there are no hard feelings out there anywhere.

edit: I also just read that the only reason you go to war is because someone else initiated it. Who exactly started the weapons of mass destruction search and eventually this war. Furthermore, what good has it done. It has removed Saddam Hussien from power, pissed of kim jong eel (spelling?), and pushed several other nation's forces into action which caused and is causing many casualties. Im sorry, I see no benefit. Taking out Saddam silently would have been much easier and more effective.
    Last edited by DarkDepths; 08-17-2006 at 10:35 PM.

Ads