+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4149-4465-6987-2962

No more World War II Games!!

I don't know what the rest of you guys think but I am thoroughly sick and tired of WWII games. If the genre wasn't sickening enough we're always stuck playing as Americans shooting Nazis. I'm sick and tired of it. The WWII genre was ressurected upon the arrival of Medal of Honour Allied Assault back in '01 and thats where it should have stayed. I am sick of these games. If they're going to continue making these games why can't they at least make them a little more open ended? Why are we always stuck as Americans? I'm sick of it... Let us play as someone else, what about the Russian commitment to WWII? (and yes I have played Call of Duty but it wasn't enough). What about a World War I game? why can't we play as the Aussies getting blown away in the trenches, or the victorious Turks as they machine gunned down all the Australians? I wonder why...

Additionally, I am so sick of the historical bias present in these kind of games. They always demonise the Nazis (and I know they did bad things but when you look at what America, and Israel does I think its hardly fair to continually rag on Nazis them like that, and before you ask I am NOT a Nazi, I just want to see some historical justice done here).

Why not a World War II game where you can protect your country from the invading Americans? Why not a Desert Storm game where you try to save your wife and child from Americans bombing your neighborhood then snap and join an insurgency when Americans destroy everything you hold dear? Why is everything told from the perspective of America? Probably because most games like this are made there and they insight more blind patriotism into the already gullible masses. NO MORE!!!

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    Yeh a differnet perspective on the war would be a change of pace.
    Like that book/movie 'all quiet on the western front' the war from the german soldiers point of view

Member #
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    It would certainly help teach the gamers of today that there is more sides than one to the story

Member #
    Friends
    Ive heared a stupid but not impossible therory. It goes that the goverment is using war video games to brainwash the youth to fight for america (the theory was NOT made to bash on gamming). Think about it, in the future if we use robots built for war we might have them be controlled by humans on computers instead of ai (never know what they will do), so seeing through the eyes of a war robot in a 3D world wouldnt be much different from playing video games.

Oh well, belive what you want. Either way they are still fun, but yes i agree they are making way too many WWII games!

Member #
    Friends
    thats why i love Call of Duty, you can play as different sides, but not nazis =[ but in cod3 i think russia it is is being replaced with canada

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    Yeh i saw something simmilar to that except it was terrorists using games to brain wash

Member #
    Friends
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    the battle fronts 2 game has a mod in the middle east where you play as a terrorist.
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Member #
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachadine
    Ive heared a stupid but not impossible therory. It goes that the goverment is using war video games to brainwash the youth to fight for america (the theory was NOT made to bash on gamming). Think about it, in the future if we use robots built for war we might have them be controlled by humans on computers instead of ai (never know what they will do), so seeing through the eyes of a war robot in a 3D world wouldnt be much different from playing video games.

Oh well, belive what you want. Either way they are still fun, but yes i agree they are making way too many WWII games!

It would not surprise me, it would certainly explain the resurgance of the War genre in recent years, ironically from the launch of the first Medal of Honour game, which incidentally happened to be the same year of 9/11 attacks. Ever since then its been non stop war games, possibly to insight a patriotic attitude among gamers with the consistant notion of "Hurrah for America!" flowing through the games. I mean seriously, how many American flags can you see throughout those games?

With games like that, the people will never question their government because the game teaches them how heroic America is, and alot of the time the mass populous will be too brainwashed to really do anything about it and believe everything they are told.

Thats one thing that intrigued me about the Red Faction games, because in essence, you were playing as a terrorist/revolutionary.

Member #
    Friends
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    WWII is probably the biggest thing to Americans. It was the biggest war that they think they have ever won. I've seen American movies of a certain war in which they lost. And in this movie... they won??? Same with games, Americans are trying to tell people that there army is great and all that jazz. They can do that all they want for all I care, but then they might as well put out a game where you have to see how long you can survive on only McDonalds food.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    1st of all u shouldn't be saying anything about we think, WWII is the biggest war we've ever won and the war on terror right now will become the biggest one once it's done. Now let's stop talking about this before we get into a huge debate plz...

I'm sick of em' too, Call of Duty and 1 or 2 others r the only ones that I like.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads