LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0153-8778-5368-6652
    I agree with you guys, I think they aimed way to hard to kill red steel, Matter of fact I thought the game was "Great" (still playing it) I can turn fast..I guess from old Cs and HL days sniff sniff.
    (1)Wii-1/2/07
    (1)Classic Controller
    (2)Wiimotes
    (VC)Super mario 64, Gunstar Heros

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiifan1975
    First post and only because blueradio got my attention.

I've been playing this game since the day after christmas. I've played a lot of games and this has been a complete pleasure to play. I can not understand for the life of me what it is about the controls that people complain about? Bad controls? It made perfect since to me. And with the first level and any new additions, it give you a simple set of instructions to do the maneuvers. A lot of complaints are about the sword swinging and that it isn't real. Has any game given you real controls? Ever? Swinging in four simple directions is a hell of a lot better than moving the control stick and pushing buttons. Pointing at the screen and pulling the trigger is a hell of a lot more fun than moving the control stick and pushing a button. If this game is simple, it still is a huge improvement over past controls and methods of playing a game. If someone can complain that this isn't real, then go buy a sword and leave your house. This is an incredible game. To be able to sit on my couch and play a first-person game this way is still an amazement to me. Nintendo is incredible with what they created and Ubisoft is equally incredible to create a game that takes those controls and uses them in the most interesting ways.

I don't know how long it will take me to finish this game, but I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I play maybe a couple of hours a day at most and while sqeezing in the Rayman Raving Rabbids into my time, this Red Steel game is still just as addictive to me. When I get started, I still have a hard time turning it off. I'll even leave it paused until I can get back to it the next day when I get busy or go to sleep because it's so late.

If you live in your house and just play games, then any game may be fairly quick but just because it is finished quickly doesn't have any reflection on it's quality. I'm looking forward to unwrapping my Zelda but I know I'll spend a long time getting through it. But it will be good and I know it will. And Red Steel may be a commercial in comparison when discussing length of game play, but it still is an incredible game and a lot of fun.

Being a Nintendo fan since the original NES, I have grown to be upset at times when all these great games were hitting all the other platforms and nothing was coming to the GameCube in comparison. I still have an incredible GC library and have enjoyed all the games on that, but the developer support for it just wasn't great. Don't you ever think that part of the reason is because every complaint just fuels the madness that a fun game sucks and shouldn't have been made at all. To many comparisons to Zelda and not enough emphasis on just the fun of it alone.

I can't wait for the next Red Steel game to come and I'll enjoy everything about my Wii. And if this doesn't help and people still think that the controls are hard or something, then they should just because you've got to be this slow . My rant is done.

Love the forums here and the discussions and look forward to more reading. Thanks Wiichat.com for a great website.

congratulations you pushedthe final button I AM OFFICALLY GETTING RED STEEL! AS MY SECOND NINTENDO WII GAME!!!!!!! WOOT!

Member #
    Friends
    Awesome, you won't regret it. That is of course if you have the same satisfaction of gameplay that we seem to have. Hope you enjoy it. Let us know.

WiiChat Member ....wiiiiiii.....'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5312-7293-3513-9932
    personaaly i love farcry way more than red steel

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    congratulations you pushedthe final button I AM OFFICALLY GETTING RED STEEL! AS MY SECOND NINTENDO WII GAME!!!!!!! WOOT!
    Congratulations from myself aswell to wiifan1975. I just bought Red Steel thanks to your post and others. I cant wait to play it

Member #
    Friends
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Wiifan1975,

Well said mate - I've read more reviews regarding the controls than god knows what else!?! The controls; whilst not 100% bug free; are immersive, being able to pinpoint aim and blowing someones head and/or nuts off is just sweet.

Reviewers on the whole (pro and amateur) seem to think that the controls are poor - jesus what do these people want from a game - 200 Japanese assassins to invite them on a sword swinging holiday to LA and Japan..."only for the weekend tho as my mum want's me back in time for Sunday lunch!!"

The game is the second most immersive out of all the launch titles I've procured (sports won't be bettered this week anyway)...Ubisoft crack on, Rayman's pretty fun but RS is way more atmospheric and actually more fun..

Ubisoft have not tacked the controls or storyline on for the Wii - it IS a Wii game and if a few more companies think like this then carry on.
    ---Smithy...
    "This IS the difference over the other systems....graphics can make you believe you're there to some extent but motion gesture can make you believe you're doing it!"

Member #
    Friends
    I was well looking forward to this game but the bad reviews put me off completly. now im having doubts to whether i shud have listened to those reviews in the first place. Shame no where near me are renting Wii games as of yet....cause once they do ill be sure to check this out

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Quote Originally Posted by imae
    good post, i loved red steel too... i looked forward to coming home, grabbing a beer, and firing up the wii to play red steel for a couple of hours in the evenings untill i completed it, and im still going back to it.

I hope they make a sequel.. if its worthy ill definitly not hesitate to pick it up.
    Hey don't drink and Wii

JK

I am at 52% and the disc stops there damn well I'm exchanging it tomorrow hopefully beat it before I go to my dads next weekend

wii owner since release Yellow_Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i'm about 36% through at the moment, but i havnt been playing on it because of zelda ( which is now completed )

so now i can focus on red steel, i'm at the part where you have to kill this women with a sword in a club

i'm really having trouble breaking her sword because she just does spin moves i cant block, so i could see myself on this for a while ....

Member #
    Friends
    If there was hesitation about quality of the game vs. price, then now would be a good time to try it. I've been hearing that the game is going down in price to $29.99. I'm just anxious for the sequel. But I'll be honest; as crazy as I am about this game, I have yet to finish it. I hope to finish soon so I can get to the Call of Duty game that's collecting dust. LOL

Ads