LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Sports bowling EXPOSED!

I've always been a big fan on Wii Sports bowling, but tonight I happened to stumble upon something that frankly makes me mad.

So here's a scenario. you have to pick up a spare; there is 1 pin left, at the far right. You shift your player to the centre of the lane, then you bowl the bowl, making sure to skillfully twist your hand a little to the right to spin the ball and get that last pin.

Well unfortunately, I've come to realise skill has little to do with it.

Try this at home:
    Get into the same position as described above, with 1 pin at the far right (or left). Now, bowl your ball but instead of twisting your wrist to the right in order to spin in towards the pin, twist your wrist to the left, in an attempt to make a gutterball at the opposite end of the track.

IT DOESN"T WORK! The ball still spins to the right, towards the pin!

Therefore, either twisting your wrist does absolutely nothing, or Wii sports helps you ensure your shot is always on -- or near -- target.

If we're to believe the Wii controller is everything it's supposed to be, this sort of thing should not be necessary.

I'm not trolling, I've been a big fan of the wii and still believe it has great potential, but this sort of thing is what is going to give it a bad name.

2. Ads

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    doesnt it have difficulty settings?

Member #
    Friends
    7272-1660-6088-7760
    Hmm...maybe I'll have to try. BUT!!!....When the 10 pin is up, I don't bowl backwards like you are saying. I try to make bowling as realistic as possible. So instead of turning my wrist the opposite direction (which i wouldn't do in real bowling), I just line up to the left, turn my position to the right as if to aim somewhat toward the gutter, and then curve the ball back to where it is riding the gutter to pick up the 10 pin.

Currently Own:
    -- WiiSports -- Zelda: Twilight Princess -- COD 3 -- Super Monkey Balls -- Excite Truck -- Madden 07' -- NFS: Carbon -- RedSteel -- Wario Smooth Moves -- The Godfather: Blackhand -- Super Paper Mario -- Resident Evil 4 -- Metroid 3 Prime: Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    I would have to say that may be a controller problem for you. My girlfriend twists it to the left and gets those pins everytime. It never curves to the right when it's supposed to go left. She puts the remote in her left hand and curls it and it works perfectly everytime. I make fun of her for it ofcourse but I think you should re-test your theory with possibly another controller.

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman58
    I would have to say that may be a controller problem for you. My girlfriend twists it to the left and gets those pins everytime. It never curves to the right when it's supposed to go left. She puts the remote in her left hand and curls it and it works perfectly everytime. I make fun of her for it ofcourse but I think you should re-test your theory with possibly another controller.
    happens to me as well, but when my friends use the same controller, it doesn't happen to them.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    7201-6951-4346-4914
    its better to think of it as twisting the controller instead of your wrist. look at how straight the wii-mote is wen u try to throw a straight ball.. natural tendencies mean you'll hold the wii-mote slightly twisted left(twisted right if your left handed) without really realising it.

otherwise sound like u gots a wii(mote) problem >_>

---

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman58
    I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I know it never curves to the right when it's supposed to go left -- that's my point. Wii Sports bowling registers that in order to make the shot you need to spin it to the left, and makes sure that this happens. Even if you purposely try to spin it in the wrong direction, it will always spin in the right direction.

It's not a controller issue. Try it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by imae
    its better to think of it as twisting the controller instead of your wrist. look at how straight the wii-mote is wen u try to throw a straight ball.. natural tendencies mean you'll hold the wii-mote slightly twisted left(twisted right if your left handed) without really realising it.

otherwise sound like u gots a wii(mote) problem >_>
    It's not a wiimote problem. If it were, it would always spin to the left or right. It only spins to the left when it needs to spin to the left to get the pins, and vice versa. I understand the natural tendencies but I'm purposely, conciously making exaggerated effort to spin it in left when it should go right (or right when it should go left), and it will not.

Please try it youself if you don't believe me. Get into a position where you need to spin it in a particular direction, then try to spin it in the oppposite direction. It will not work.

EDIT: you replied as I was editing this msg, see below
    Last edited by thendis; 01-16-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    7201-6951-4346-4914
    ohh i see what u mean now. cant say iv noticed it myself, but why woul dyou want to spin in the wrong direction? ^^

---

Member #
    Friends
    For each Wii Sports game you choose if you are right handed or left handed.

In the real world, if you bowl with your right hand, you can NOT! spin the bowling ball towards the left, you would break your wrist....

Think about it????

bye.

Member #
    Friends
    I understand what you're saying Thendis - effectively the program flatters the player. I'll try your scenario myself, if this does happen then it's poor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads