+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7846-0041-2551-0471
    Quote Originally Posted by rach2k
    25? Where?!
    Its all the shit games that nobody wants like that pinball one...

No offence if you own it :P
    Wii Sport Package
    2 Controller 1 Nunchuck
    The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
    Call Of Duty 3
    Red Steel
    Wii Play
    Splinter Cell : Double Agent
    WarioWare

WiiChat Member CashMoneyGifford's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7173-8067-1288-5224
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBBLeS
    ok dudes! heh i just looked at a currency website and looked at the US currency, my bad
    well i at gamestop it's only around 40-60$...

Well then i have a question: Why are console games more expensive than pc-games, wouldn't it be naturally be the other way around??
    Well, i'd say $40-$60 the price of a new PC game around here too.

But in general console games are harder to develop than PC games because developers need to use software specifically designed for that system. Thats why there is only a handful a PS3 games out right now because the development software sony provided developers... kinda blew.

You can also wait a few months for any non-must-have games and you can guarantee the price will be almost cut in half. Circuit City already dropped the prices of Rayman and Red Steel down to $30.
    Console Number: 7173 8067 1288 5224
    Console Nickname: Gifford

PM me if you add me, so I can add you back!

Member #
    Friends
    The reason PC games are cheeper is because they are easier to copy... if every PC game cost the same price as an xbox 360 game, then the piracy rate would go through the roof.

It might also be other reasons, but thats what id "blame" for the low prices.

WiiChat Member CashMoneyGifford's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7173-8067-1288-5224
    Quote Originally Posted by ClawiLewak
    The reason PC games are cheeper is because they are easier to copy... if every PC game cost the same price as an xbox 360 game, then the piracy rate would go through the roof.

It might also be other reasons, but thats what id "blame" for the low prices.

Eh, not really piracy doesn't have to do much with it. Remember a huge part of PC gaming is now online gaming. And with online gaming, games are getting much harder to pirate. Heck if you bought Half-Life 2 for PC you couldn't even play the singleplayer mode until you connected to the internet and it registered your cd code.

and do you remember the original xbox? people modded the crap out of that thing so it could play copied game or even just load a game onto your harddrive and play it.

I would agree that piracy is more of a problem with the PC industry, but that doesn't effect the price much.
    Console Number: 7173 8067 1288 5224
    Console Nickname: Gifford

PM me if you add me, so I can add you back!

Member #
    Friends
    Australians pay $100 for a new Wii Game = US $78.80
    New Zealanders pay $120 for a new Wii Game = US $83.50

And it is not as though us Australasians earn more. Our average wage is only slightly different to America.

E.g Worker gets paid $AU42000 in Aus. Same worker gets paid $US40500 in US.
    Last edited by Wiily Good; 01-18-2007 at 04:06 PM.

WiiChat Member mothershipconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    It's been my experience since I got my first PC in the early 90's that PC games are cheaper than console games - almost across the board.

I think a lot of the low price in the U.S. has to do with both the huge number of discount retailers and transportation infrastructure, as well as the competition for entertainment dollar. Both the U.S. and Japan have a huge number of other products and services in this area (e.g. movies, a million TV channels, music, etc). The big-time consumer states generally also have low prices. Also, I'm not sure how popular Sony and Microsoft are in other countries, but it may be possible that your nation has more brand loyalty toward Nintendo - thus they don't give you as much of a price break to get you on their side of the console war.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vanderz
    Yes but hes not american so they wouldnt work on his console. He was sayin that 85$ is the equivilant of his money.

But in the uk there 25-40 Pounds.
    Man is it great to live in the US. It would suck to be a European with their messed up system.

Member #
    Friends
    u cannot simply factor in the exchange rate in determining such things
    the fact that the pound is exceptionally strong against the dollar right now makes wii prices seem completely ridiculous in the U.K.
    but if u factor in average income and cost of living in the U.K. in pounds, a pound is not to a brit what two dollars is to an american
    it's more economically complicated, ask an economist if u dont believe me
    my point is, while wii prices may be ridiculous in the U.K. they are not as ridiculous as multiplying the cost by two makes them seem
    -Jimmy

Member #
    Friends
    7274-2613-3388-8841
    Just to let you know most wii games are just 27-ish at choices uk, using the 10% off code BEST10

I get all my wii games from there!

Warioware is 27, supermonkey ball about 26, rayman, mario galaxy (preorder), ssbb (preorder) etc.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBBLeS
    I bought my wii before christmas and love it.. I'm new to consoles, i would say. I have only had a sega master system ten yers ago or so. Well anyways; a big difference between a PC and a console is that a console is much easier to program to, becouse there's only one configuration, where as on the pc there's 1000's.

Then why is it that console games are always much more expensive?
    Here in denmark, PC-games are usually around 350-400 KR(60-70 us Dollars), and cosole games are 500-550 KR(85-95 us Dollars)

PS. It's new games i'm talking about.
    it all depends on how far the computer came from. Like here in the Bahamas our games cost $75 because they have to get it from florida or whatever state in america....Computers are usually a dealer ship type thing. where a computer store can be sponsered by dell so their workers will be trained to handle dell computers and because its a dealership thing, the prices will be cheaper. but the game stored over here are not a dealership. So its private, so they can sell it for how much they want to.

Our dollar is equal to the US dollar, the only thing is, our dollar can not be spent everywhere like the US dollar. But dont forget about the amount of new technology in these games. Computers can do the same, but the consoles have to work with a Tv. its more of a deal But if the company is in a dealership the prices will be low but if its a private store, they can sell the games for how ever much they want to. You rarely see computers and games sold in one store. Anything thats portable and smaller( with the same technology with the bigger set) is more expensive. Consoles are more portable than carrying a home computer with printer,scanner, camera,mircophone and speaker whereas consoles only need a Tv.

Ads