LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm 21 and play the system... it's great for all ages. Even my friends who thought it looked retarded play it, and two buddies of mine actually picked up their own systems. It's funny how people are quick to jump the gun and say something's crap before they even try it. Very original control, and the typical fun Nintendo has with all their past consoles, it's a win win.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    I was about to flame you if you were CALLING it one.
    definitely not calling it one... I had seen other people call it one before but I suspected they were people who had never actually played it. So I wanted to ask to find out the perspective of people who play it aren't just flaming a list because they are ps3 fanboys.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb
    definitely not calling it one... I had seen other people call it one before but I suspected they were people who had never actually played it. So I wanted to ask to find out the perspective of people who play it aren't just flaming a list because they are ps3 fanboys.
    I know

Its a good system for everyone really. Once we get into mid 2007 there will be a great selection of games for every type of gamer. Its a good console to get for sure. Its hands down the best system for groups of people or for parties.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    I'm a 31 year old casual gamer, I also have an xbox (1, not the 360) and have never owned a Nintendo system before the Wii which I only got a couple weeks back.

I'm having a great time with the Wii. The games are definitely more on the family friendly front than xbox but that hasn't really been an issue. Wii Sports is quite fun and a good diversion. Elebits is great, very simple play but very addictive and my favorite so far. I'm also enjoying Trauma Center a lot.

As for Zelda, I'm less than impressed. The graphics on it are fine, they're comparable to xbox graphics. I haven't gotten very far in the game at all and while it's not bad, it's just not really doing much for me at all. I'm only an hour or three into it so I'm not passing full judgement just yet but at this moment, if someone offered the $50 back for it, I'd be fine with that.

All in all I had the same worries as you about getting a Wii. I enjoyed the shooters on the xbox and was worried about the possibility of getting a "kiddie system". I'm pretty much over that. The games I have so far are a lot of fun and there are some games on the horizon that will help fill out the adult category (Grand Theft Auto I believe will be out at some point, Metroid, Call of Duty, I forget the name of the mafia game, etc.).

It's also nifty to have the virtual console on there and I'm having a good time here and there with R-Type which used to be far and away my favorite game (perhaps some 20 odd years ago).

So don't worry, the Wii's a great system and it's a lot of fun.

Del fuego he resurgido... Axtlar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    here if you want adult games only I'll give you the list of upcoming Wii adult games coming since March until the end of this year: Sadness, Raid Over the River, The Godfather Blackhand Edition, Disaster Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, (I recommend a realistic boxing game too) Red Steel, No More Heroes(With cel-shaded graphics but believe me it's for adults only), Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Black, Soul Calibur 4, 2 games of Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, Heatseeker, Necro-Nesia, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Orb, Thorn, Darkness...and there's a lot more in the way..most of these I mentioned are only for the Wii which will obviously not make it a kiddie console.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Axtlar
    here if you want adult games only I'll give you the list of upcoming Wii adult games coming since March until the end of this year: Sadness, Raid Over the River, The Godfather Blackhand Edition, Disaster Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, (I recommend a realistic boxing game too) Red Steel, No More Heroes(With cel-shaded graphics but believe me it's for adults only), Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Black, Soul Calibur 4, 2 games of Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, Heatseeker, Necro-Nesia, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Orb, Thorn, Darkness...and there's a lot more in the way..most of these I mentioned are only for the Wii which will obviously not make it a kiddie console.
    Wow, thanks for that comprehensive list!

Member #
    Friends
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb
    Wow, thanks for that comprehensive list!
    you are welcome, sir! glad to be of help

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by Axtlar
    Soul Calibur 4?? Are you sure?
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    Soul Calibur 4?? Are you sure?
    yes I am, there will also be a new Guitar Hero exclusively for Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Well I am over 40 and I think the Wii is great. Wii sports especially the bowling is awesome. You will not be disappointed in your Wii. Definitely not just a kids toy!

Ads