Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1130-2954-1680-3052

Super Smash Bros. Brawl possibly delayed?

Well I was at work today and a Nintendo representative came in today, when I was in he was about to leave, so I only had very little time with him. I asked him upon possible characters that would be in Brawl, and he said that the Corporate offices of Nintendo keep their mouth shut (or he may know but just may be hiding something.) upon information like this. Also he told me that Brawl is scheduled to be released sometime next year, more than likely in the beginning of the year. As well as confirming that Super Mario Galaxy will be released much later in the year (no exact date, but websites have reported December.). All that I found out from him is that Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Party 8 will be released on time, as well as finding out that he only uses an Xbox360 as a jukebox.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

2. Ads

Banned ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8263-8201-5467-9061
    Mario Party will be out in March

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not sure how you can say its delayed if we've never had a real release date to begin with.

Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Meow
    I'm not sure how you can say its delayed if we've never had a real release date to begin with.

Actual retail release dates had it for June 26, 2007.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    Actual retail release dates had it for June 26, 2007.
    Source? I'm talking a Nintendo Press release, not hearsay from a blog.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well its been shown as the first of june for the release date.

Member #
    Friends
    7201-6951-4346-4914
    I have a feeling mario galaxy will be a winter 2007/8 release becuase ninty need a killer title for the festive season and what else is there? SSBM seems pretty well developed from watching the movies so very suprising if the delay is end this/next year. but who knows, perhaps the online development is going to take a while..

---

WiiChat Member CashMoneyGifford's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7173-8067-1288-5224
    There hasnt been an official release date for SSBB, some retailers have had "estimated release dates" that create a lot of blog hear-say.

While I'm still with the "waiting for official release date from Nintendo" crowd, if your source is correct that would be disapointing. SSBB is the game i have anticipated most for the wii, but I do hope they perfect it as much as possible. A killer online system would be amazing.

But if they took take another year to release the game, i wish Nintendo would throw us a bone. Maybe a WiiConnect24 Firmware update for SSBM that would allow for online play? But sadly I know this is basically impossible for the wii basically just turns into a gamecube when playing gamecube games, so all the wii-spefic components like wiimote, motion sensor, and wifi wont work. But come nintendo I'm drying for some kind of new SSB addition!
    Console Number: 7173 8067 1288 5224
    Console Nickname: Gifford

PM me if you add me, so I can add you back!

Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Source? I'm talking a Nintendo Press release, not hearsay from a blog.
    It's called release dates that have been on video game retailers, and if you had the chance to go to one, you would see that there has been an actual date, until then, just post elsewhere if you want to bitch and moan, but when this is actually a press release, don't come bitching toward me.

As I've said on numerous times, I work at a video game store, and representatives from each video game company come in. Sony came in and pretty much gave me information that was already archived news. I have yet to see a representative from Microsoft, but that's probably likely it will happen since they only go to stores that also carry PC games. I'm not asking you to believe me, as this has just been slipped from a Nintendo Rep's mouth and thought it would be interesting. If you want to bitch and moan ao

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    It's called release dates that have been on video game retailers, and if you had the chance to go to one, you would see that there has been an actual date, until then, just post elsewhere if you want to bitch and moan, but when this is actually a press release, don't come bitching toward me.
    Those dates are notoriously unreliable.

Think about it, if Nintendo themselves have not announced a release date for a game, how could ANY retailer have an accurate release date on their website?

Ads