LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    very interesting, I actually read the whole thing. As fan fictions go this is one of the nicest I have read, I actually felt depressed at the start for Link missing his love :P .

As far as a sequal to TP goes it is fairly solid, apart from the fact that Link Speaks, and that Link has never had a real love interest. It is a very mature view on the world of Hyrule, and one that I would welcome whole heartedly. The possible dual character setup could be a breath of fresh air into the series, it is also a dark view on the world (even more so than TP) which in my eyes is a good thing. We all know it won't happen, Nintendo must receive thousands of fan fictions for their various franchises, but as far as speculation goes I would like to see a sequal to TP, and something in this vien wouldn't go amiss at all. But alas when Nintendo make their Zelda games, Link is as blank a canvas as possible, meaning any character relationships are all fan made. Were Midna and Link in love? That is up to the player and to an extent is the base line to Zelda games, the player decides who and what is going on bar the main storyline. Therefor fan fictions are born based on hints left within the games. Ipersonally would like to see a more personal Zelda experience where I am told the story, instead of making the story ala FF. Your fan fiction reflects this wish and harks to a time of story telling not story making. We know it won't happen, but let's hope your ideas and many like yours are taken on board and a sequal to TP is released with more fleshed out characters.

All in all a very good effort. One of the best fan fictions I have read regarding the Zelda franchise, and a good read regardless of said franchise.
    Next there will be a big hoopla about how the Wii isn't actually fun to play, as the funomoter2000 wasn't included in the hardware, Nintendo were lying to us this whole time and we weren't having 'real' fun it was all fake and tacky fun.
    proud member of -No External Links username: FedEx

Member #
    Friends
    yeah that was really great but to much love i mean no zelda has ever been like that by the way im new i just registered like two seconds ago midna rules

Member #
    Friends
    i think you kinda rushed it but dont feal bad it was a great story you have to admitte it

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Great story. Not a great game sequel though... It would be a better anime.. Nintendo will not ever make this a game. [to much kissing and gore...] They might make an anime though. This is just not their game style. Plus for a game he gets his ultimate weapon to soon.

Heres some constructive criticism
    1. Why does he have the Ordon sword.... He should have the Masters sword still.
    2. You should rewrite Zelda's speech. That speech has been done a million times....
    3. Like I said before it's done more as an Anime or Movie than a game.
    4. You writing is excellent but try not to use to many scenes from different movies and books.
    yep i agree with you

Member #
    Friends
    hey i just signed up what do i do

Member #
    Friends
    Wow thats an awesome amount of words but theres no way I'm gunna read that.
    I'll kick your ass at Mortal Combat and Cooking Mama!

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    judging by the length of that story, and the title of this topic...

i can tell someones in love... lol

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    All right, even though this hasn't been posted in at all for a month, I'd like to make one thing clear: This is NOT asw32's work; it's my work. I should have searched for my story on Google earlier -_-;; If you want the REAL story from where it originally began (which was in January 2007) and from its original author (me, EchoesofFlame - or N-Echoes, since EchoesofFlame won't fit on here), go here:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/...sage.id=243284

A bit cluttered, but I'm up to Chapter 17 and am revising Chapters 1 to 13 on fanfiction.net...

I probably should have paid attention to the fact that it comes up third or fourth on Google when you search "Midna"... -_-;

This was posted in 3 places: Smash World Forums, Nintendo Nsider Forums, and fanfiction.net. Technically you can count Golden Sun Realm and the Nightblade/Twilight Dragoon forums, but I never posted the whole story there. =P

Final note: Glad this guy's banned, by the way. I would have called for it otherwise. This has never happened to me before, and I don't intend for it to ever happen again -.-
    Last edited by N-Echoes; 06-25-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Great story. Not a great game sequel though... It would be a better anime.. Nintendo will not ever make this a game. [to much kissing and gore...] They might make an anime though. This is just not their game style. Plus for a game he gets his ultimate weapon to soon.

Heres some constructive criticism
    1. Why does he have the Ordon sword.... He should have the Masters sword still.
    2. You should rewrite Zelda's speech. That speech has been done a million times....
    3. Like I said before it's done more as an Anime or Movie than a game.
    4. You writing is excellent but try not to use to many scenes from different movies and books.
    Well, here I am, about 3 to 4 months late. To answer your question:

1.) We see the Master Sword planted in the pedestal at the end of Twilight Princess. My interpretation was that Link felt it should go back to its rightful place and use another sword instead, which is why he no longer had the Master Sword by the time the story rolls around.

2.) That... was kinda the point for the speech. At that time we were reading Queen Elizabeth I's speech to her troops, and I really liked the way she did things, so I tried to make it work for Zelda. Not the best, but... I kinda like how it turned out. As for the whole anime thing - I didn't write this so that Nintendo could use it as a game, you know

3.) See 2.

4.) Thank you. And I try not to, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

5.) And who said the Sacred Beast Sword was his ultimate weapon?
    Oh, and if you DO read up to Chapter 13 - do keep in mind that 11-13 really (and I mean, REALLY) need revision.

and to mk_south_london: Nope, not in love. Sorry =P I just felt that Link and Midna should have been together.... and, well, things just kind of fell into place from there.

Toastie: Thank you for the praise =D
    Last edited by N-Echoes; 06-25-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Ads