LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Gameplay Gimmick?

hello guys, i am sorry if this has already been mentioned but i think this issue needs to be addressed

i have been watchin endless 'red steel' footage and im just wondering. With the joypad everygame of a genre like FPS felt different because of the way the develpers tweacking the controls.

dont get me wrong i love the Wii but it may be that becasue of the controls developers may be limited and everygame in a genre may feel the same.

For example if a star wars lightsaber game comes out for Wii (please god it will), it may feel the same as the sword fighting in 'red steel' or 'zelda twilight princess'.

I hope im wrong but it does seem to be perhaps the one real threat against the Wii.

Thanks for reading

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Aaah I see what u mean, and i haven't read this anywhere else.. I suppose from this they'll make completly different gameplay.. characters.. storylines.. different ways to swing the remote.. etc.. to make it better for us, but if they don't... they be in shizz good thread

Member #
    Friends
    I know what u mean too but i dont think that this is an issue because it may feel the same but different at the same time (little confusing) but like u know when its a sword and u know when its a lightsaber and like the scenario and game play is sometimes different catch my drift.....i mean in redsteel is first person and in LoZ:TP is third person........so you can see the differences.....but i can see what u mean by the fact that u may eventually get bored of the controller but i dont think thats going to happen any time soon
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    what about the buttons? wasn't they the same always before?

My name is Alan, gaming name is ZaLaN

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendowiigaming.piczo
    what about the buttons? wasn't they the same always before?
    lmao, yeh, why just bully the wii?

Member #
    Friends
    Well, a sword fighting game would be different, I don't like swing to activate, I want it like you move the controller, the sword moves, if your holding it straight out, the sword is held straight out, this could be done by like having the pointing device be centered in the middle or whatever of the sword.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    i would love playing a lil double sided lighsaber action with one saber at each end of the wiimote

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    i would love playing a lil double sided lighsaber action with one saber at each end of the wiimote
    daaaamn that would be quality actually! not into star wars what-so-ever.. but that would be great!

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I found that after playing the nice controls of Goldeneye, nothing else was really quite the same. That's why I never really got into first person shooters - I'd had the best, and the rest really wasn't good or fun enough. Besides, all it means is that there's a learning curve for a single control scheme, so that anyone can learn it, and play virtually any FPS.

As for the different games in a genre, they'll all have different stlyes with different sounds and slightly different calibrations (some games may require you to swing more extravogantly than others), not to mention visual styles. Besides, handheld weapons were always pants in FPS games. What you're talking about is more 1st person swordfighting, which really hasn't been made that well previously. The Wiimote opens up new avenues to go through. No longer will you have to time things right to push a few buttons and walk forward, but to actually move yourself or the wiimote forward and slash - in my opinion, it's going to make swordfighting on computer games easier, and more fun.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii Believe
    hello guys, i am sorry if this has already been mentioned but i think this issue needs to be addressed

i have been watchin endless 'red steel' footage and im just wondering. With the joypad everygame of a genre like FPS felt different because of the way the develpers tweacking the controls.

dont get me wrong i love the Wii but it may be that becasue of the controls developers may be limited and everygame in a genre may feel the same.

For example if a star wars lightsaber game comes out for Wii (please god it will), it may feel the same as the sword fighting in 'red steel' or 'zelda twilight princess'.

I hope im wrong but it does seem to be perhaps the one real threat against the Wii.

Thanks for reading

Technology in all round improvement towards games and an increased and smarter AI will make sword stuff different for us every time

Ads